94 dome light

94supremevert

Hello, 

I am starting by saying this is not a thread about the dome light switches... This is a thread about my dome light all together, it stays on constantly like a door is open. I have had to remove the bulbs and unplug everything because it drains my battery.  Any ideas? I have thought maybe it's the door switches, but I am not sure how to test them. Thanks in advance. 1994 3.1 convertible.

Mine happened to be the latch mechanism in the door. It would shut off if I slammed the door shut so I knew what door had the issue (passenger) , but I didnt want to keep doing that. The easiest way I tested it was to check the resistance of the door jamb switch. Which in my case it was fine. So I found where the door wiring harness connector is which is under the carpet near the rocker. I unplugged it and closed the door and sure enough the lights went out. So I took the door panel off and followed the connectors all the way back to the door latch and found my issue. I just unplugged it and it's been fine since. Locks and windows work along with seat belt lock mechanism

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If you tighten the clear plastic lens too tightly, it can cause the contacts in the assembly to make contact and keep the lights on.  Same thing happened to me when I removed the rear trim to upgrade the rear speakers.  I'd start by checking the three screws that hold the lens in place and ensure they aren't too tight.