Pressurized Injector cleaning.

GTP091

So I bought an Chinese rip off of an OTC pressurized injector cleaning kit. It’s decent enough kind of a tit to get it to seal correctly. Followed the instructions watched some videos. Mostly the consensus is to use the Shrader valve on the rail and disable the fuel pump. Well all that did was try and add 45PSI to my gas tank put the brakes on that right away.  I’m thinking the ‘or’ part of the instructions where you disconnect the fuel lines at the rail , block the return and still disable the fuel pump is the way to go.  Kind of a dick around As i really wanted to use the shrader because it’s just there and nice and easy. 

Has anybody used one of these pressurized injector cleaners?  Just want to make sure my thoughts are on the right path before I disconnect a 28 year old fuel system that does not leak anywhere. 

I personally don't use these *do it in a can* cleaners, in my opinion the only proper way to clean the injectors is to pull them all & send to a diesel shop and have them cleaned on an injector flow bench/cleaner.

Mike, there must be a diesel shop somewhere near you who could do the job. It's not that expensive, the last time I had a set done it was no more than $80 for the 6.

Edited by 55trucker

I was trying to avoid pulling the plenum off and wanted to do the rest of the vehicles in my fleet as well. This method is the same as is done by garages to service the injectors.  The most direct way to do it without pulling the injectors. I’ll just have to adjust my process. It’s just 50/50 sea foam and gas. Can also use the OTC branded inject r kleen but is really the same formula. Everything I read says to use seafoam as its the safest and best working.