UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
55trucker

Muffler heat shield

I'm looking for a right side (single exhaust) heat shield, there's nothing wrong with the piece under my car but I'd like install another one over top of the left muffler.

After all the work I did under the car last summer I feel inclined to protect the fuel vapor lines & the fuel filler piping from the heat that comes off the left muffler.

If anyone might happen to have a shield that is in good condition or if someone comes across a decent one in a salvage yard that's easy to get off please let me know what the price would be. Would not have to be shipped, hope to join you this summer for the W gathering in Erie.

1 minute ago, 55trucker said:

I'm looking for a right side (single exhaust) heat shield, there's nothing wrong with the piece under my car but I'd like install another one over top of the left muffler.

After all the work I did under the car last summer I feel inclined to protect the fuel vapor lines & the fuel filler piping from the heat that comes off the left muffler.

If anyone might happen to have a shield that is in good condition or if someone comes across a decent one in a salvage yard that's easy to get off please let me know what the price would be. Would not have to be shipped, hope to join you this summer for the W gathering in Erie.

Would one off of a sedan work?

Thx Greg,

don't allow yourself to get soaking wet laying under that car if there is still a respectable shield there,  this is not mission critical,  freezing cold weather is not ideal.

I know.  My vacation ended too so I'm back to 12 hr days plus overtime.  My next days off, and if the car is still there, I'll grab it.

I've been doing this for awhile now and have learned to be prepared.  I have a thick welding blanket that I take with me to lay on the ground plus thick large sheets of cardboard.

Edited by jiggity76

I've got 4 or 5 black Dickies jumpsuits that I pull over my clothes.

The dirty layer just gets wadded up in a bag when I'm done and I look like a cool special ops guy. Disposable baby wipe packs are pretty bitchin to take to the wrecking yard too.