New Shoes

James Robert

Got new Yokohamas and rear brakes on the '95 Convertible. Drives nice. The old tires had only 8000 miles on them but were 12 years old, cracked and stiff. Still have to put the lug caps on. 

SAM_0352.JPG

SAM_0351.JPG

• Like 2

Very nice.  My tires are holding air but are really dry rotted.  Take care of those caps, I had to buy some NOS ones for the International and they were unexpectedly pricey.

2 hours ago, jiggity76 said:

Very nice.  My tires are holding air but are really dry rotted.  Take care of those caps, I had to buy some NOS ones for the International and they were unexpectedly pricey.

Yes NOS are expensive. I had a couple missing and bought the cheap aftermarket gray ones and painted them silver. They look good but don't fit quite right.

15 minutes ago, James Robert said:

Yes NOS are expensive. I had a couple missing and bought the cheap aftermarket gray ones and painted them silver. They look good but don't fit quite right.

Your probably going to think I'm crazy but I paid $100 bucks for a NOS full set of em.  Ouch.  But they are nice and correct.  The things we do for our W's!

That's why I take them off before I let anyone else touch my lug nuts (pardon the sexual innuendo) I don't want overzealous tire jockeys using impact wrenches on these delicate cosmetic parts! 

8 minutes ago, James Robert said:

That's why I take them off before I let anyone else touch my lug nuts (pardon the sexual innuendo) I don't want overzealous tire jockeys using impact wrenches on these delicate cosmetic parts! 

I hear ya.  Here's what mine looked like before.  I just used the socket and extension to hand tighten mine back on.  Much better that the aftermarket crappy ones.

HkYLoh.jpgAFBBIU.jpgLoRwTU.jpg

I'm going to the yard tomorrow, I'll let you know if I'm successful with those clips.

4 hours ago, James Robert said:

Got new Yokohamas and rear brakes on the '95 Convertible. Drives nice. The old tires had only 8000 miles on them but were 12 years old, cracked and stiff. Still have to put the lug caps on. 

SAM_0352.JPG

SAM_0351.JPG

For a white car, and also as another white car owner, she really is a beauty!  Someday mine will have the same luster and shine.  My clear coat is gone and is really dull and streaky.