Fun with Emblems

rich_e777

Every now and then at a JY I`d see emblems in decent shape and even bought several off here in the past to use or sell. Ive played around with a few options I came up with for the Supremes and started this for anyone wanting the toss out a few pics or ideas.

Vintage metal Olds Rocket emblem from unknown Olds

M4PnvSJ.jpg

From a 96 or 97 GAGT with a 3400V6

9DwBpAi.jpg

G-body Olds emblem, will match both sides

dBPfi8N.jpg

Cursive G-body badge

Q8N4M7o.jpg

From the Intrigue or Alero

lqdqQCP.jpg

Splitting the posts up here for... courtesy? IDK...

If the 1994 gets the modded 3400 I want in it.

npqQoFb.jpg

Looks sinister with the wing and matte black

JQTelJL.jpg

This would probably go better on an International or non-miniquad model, more classy end of the Cutlass family IMHO.

5B6StxJ.jpg

If the reverse bar was filled in repainted and the cursive emblem in its place, mind not the other 2.

l75eA6Y.jpg

Not necessarily on this particular car, just this design in this location for this model, goes for all the pics really.

WnAzmTf.jpg

I've often thought about what older Cutlass emblems would look like on the wbody version.  I'm not sure what to think lol.

As long as it's not re-badging a car to make it look like something it's not I'm game.

My Regal got a new set of the correct Regal badges after it was painted. I didn't put the CUSTOM badges back on, instead I did the SUPERCHARGED script found on the back of a Riviera in their places.

The rear of the car looked bland so I did the same combo on the trunklid.

I had a set of GS badges but couldn't bear to put them on even though that car would have stomped a first gen GS.

On my GS I did the new style black & chrome symbols on the wheels and would like to either remove the hood badge or replace it with the new style.

20190106_094805.jpg

20190106_094716.jpg

I tend to take badges off rather than put them on, but when I had that '89 5-speed Cutlass I was going to 3400 swap, I was going to do that same V6 H.O. badge.

FWIW, those badges were on '99 GA GTs only. The 2000+ has "V6 RAM AIR" or something like that.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:51 AM, Imp558 said:

As long as it's not re-badging a car to make it look like something it's not I'm game.

My Regal got a new set of the correct Regal badges after it was painted. I didn't put the CUSTOM badges back on, instead I did the SUPERCHARGED script found on the back of a Riviera in their places.

The rear of the car looked bland so I did the same combo on the trunklid.

I had a set of GS badges but couldn't bear to put them on even though that car would have stomped a first gen GS.

On my GS I did the new style black & chrome symbols on the wheels and would like to either remove the hood badge or replace it with the new style.

20190106_094805.jpg

20190106_094716.jpg

Very tastefully done Imp!  I like it, whenever it looks like a factory add on, I'm all for it.

I'm looking at your car everyday now on my Calendar!