UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
James Robert

Body molding clips

I'm missing a couple of the slide on clips for the '93-'96? Cutlass Supreme plastic body cladding. These are the ones that hook into two metal pins in the doors and also rear fender. Anybody have any spares or know where they can be purchased?

Only place and car I could find spares for was a JY Cutlass Supreme, no other W-body had the same type of clips that I could find, not even a B4U Grand Prix. I may have some extras, how many do you need?

41 minutes ago, James Robert said:

I'm missing a couple of the slide on clips for the '93-'96? Cutlass Supreme plastic body cladding. These are the ones that hook into two metal pins in the doors and also rear fender. Anybody have any spares or know where they can be purchased?

29 minutes ago, rich_e777 said:

Only place and car I could find spares for was a JY Cutlass Supreme, no other W-body had the same type of clips that I could find, not even a B4U Grand Prix. I may have some extras, how many do you need?

Yes, a pic would be nice.  I can add them to my list when I go junkyarding next time. 

I'll post a picture soon. I'll have to take off the door cladding to get to it for a photo. I need two of them, I think, the cladding ends by the back wheels have pulled away from the body. I can't find any Cutlasses in the junk yards near me and the yards I've called outside my area are not interested in selling these little pieces.

2 hours ago, jiggity76 said:

Sounds good James.  I'll be looking for your pics.

I won't be able to get the pics until tomorrow, but I got these from a '94 GP, thinking they would work, but they don't. The ones I need are similar, but are a little longer, with two holes instead of one.

SAM_0348.JPG

So it sounds like you need the plastic clips that are on the door cladding and the ones from the rear bumper area around the wheel well maybe?  This car might still be at the yard, I'll see if they're any good.  Let me know either by description or pics of what or where you need the clips from.

T9OVHD.jpg

18 hours ago, jiggity76 said:

So it sounds like you need the plastic clips that are on the door cladding and the ones from the rear bumper area around the wheel well maybe?  This car might still be at the yard, I'll see if they're any good.  Let me know either by description or pics of what or where you need the clips from.

T9OVHD.jpg

Yes, the clips in the area where I have put the arrow. You should be able to get the cladding loose by taking just the first couple of nuts off the very bottom. I would be most appreciative if you could retrieve those for me. I'll be glad to pay you for your efforts of course.

olds_LI.jpg

Ok, no problem.  This car looks different now, it's been tossed around and banged up pretty bad but hopefully the clips are still good.  Are the ones on right side the same as the left?  In other words, are the clips the same on both sides of the car?  Probably be Wednesday or Thursday before I can get to this yard but I'll let you know what I find out.  I might grab all the clips from both sides of the car so you can have extras.

Actually, I wonder if my 89 International parts car would have the same clips for it's cladding?

Edited by jiggity76

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:59 PM, rich_e777 said:

These are what I need. I think I only need two, if you have any to spare.

SAM_0350.JPG

SAM_0349.JPG

1 hour ago, rich_e777 said:

Thats the thing I had in mind, I was sure I had several but still looking. Theyre yours as soon as I can find them for whatever shipping would be.

That would be great, thanks

45 minutes ago, FordMan77 said:

Maybe check with clipsandfasteners.com  They seem to have a broad selection of OEM stuff.

I tried there and looked at hundreds of clips in their catalog, but couldn't find the one I need.