Thoughts about putting cryo treated hard parts in a 4t65e from a GP GXP

DavidT1989

Hey people. I just put a new thread in the new members forum. Anyway, I have a few questions about the 4t65e. Could I put a cryo treated standard diff in it behind a LS4? I would be trying to get the engine rpms down during cruising speeds. I would have all the hard parts cryo treated as well. Just some thoughts and opinions. Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

In any event, cryo-treating the internal trans parts is not likely to substantially improve the strength.  Cryo is good for stress-relief; and seems to make a nice improvement to cutting tools--but I don't think it's going to help internal trans parts that much.

Edited by Schurkey

There are some very fast LS4's out there and the weak links are more or less figured out.  There are several known builders on the Facebook groups.  I am sure they would tell you what diff's they are using, but I am not sure that is the weak link.  Triple Edge Performance, Justin Nichols, and several others are known builders.  

There are some who use 4t65 parts in 4t60e to increase strength. Not sure what those parts are.  

If you have 4t60e trans from LQ1, those rpms are significantly higher due to the 3:43 FDR.  Personally I don’t know why more people don’t upgrade to these trans if currently having 4t60e already. After all I used this on a non LQ1, and woke the sucker up for throttle response. 

• 3 weeks later...
There are some who use 4t65 parts in 4t60e to increase strength. Not sure what those parts are.  
If you have 4t60e trans from LQ1, those rpms are significantly higher due to the 3:43 FDR.  Personally I don’t know why more people don’t upgrade to these trans if currently having 4t60e already. After all I used this on a non LQ1, and woke the sucker up for throttle response. 
The newer hardened 4th clutch hub swaps, the 7/8 chain and sprocket set can be swapped but was told by justin when he did my tgp trans that the chain in the tgp's was a touch wider than the normal single chain setup and i guess he managed to hunt me down a nos chain after calling around places that lead to the west coast i think. Some of the clutches swap over as well 3rd for sure, peace of mind having a well known trans builder for the 4t65 15 minutes away

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk