1994 Cutlass Interior Swap Scenarios

bluecalais79

Interesting question for all..........for 1994, the 3.4 package convertibles had the 2 bucket seats and the console in the back, the others got the bench seat. Is it possible to remove that entire bucket seat package and replace it with a rear bench seat set up from a non-convertible 1994 SL? Also, would those back bucket seat back and/or seat bottom cushions be able to be used to replace worn out front seats?

thx.

As for just pertaining to rear seat swap options I would say yes, Ive been looking for rear buckets and a console as well for "scientific purposes" and it appears all the mounting provisions are there for either option on the 1995 Vert and 1994 Coupe. Rear buckets and console in a hard top would be interesting to see, I`ll bet its been done at least once when JY picking for 1st gens were good, they`re all gone now.

2 hours ago, rich_e777 said:

Rear buckets and console in a hard top would be interesting to see, I`ll bet its been done at least once when JY picking for 1st gens were good, they`re all gone now.

It's been done, see the International.

Thanks, it may be in the works that I part out my old 1994 if I get it from my brother, he doesn't seem to be happy with it . I'm looking at a 100,000 mile 1994 Convertible 3.4 with those rear buckets tomorrow. If I buy it, I'm taking a hard look at thoses rear seats as the rear seat set up in the coupe is MINT and would all match up nicely.. So I may just part out the Coupe. It's got 78,000 on it but it has suffered from 6 years of total neglect while my father owned it.  But if this convertible isn't a sale, all bets are off. I see one rusted out Trailer Arm or smell something "gamely" in the cabin and its game off. The only thing the dealer knows about these cars is selling them.

19 hours ago, ManicMechanic said:

It's been done, see the International.

After about an hour of googling I found a single pic from CarDomain of the rear seat of an Intl, night and day difference to the rear bench seat and looks awesome. Really want to do rear buckets and console in at least the Vert now.

After seeing the rear bucket seats I dont think they will work in the front.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jiggity76 said:

That pic makes me worried, looks like a 92 or 93 International coupe, junkyard car?  I hope not.

Salvage auction, was a red 1992 3.1 coupe in good shape.

Thanks all, I went to check out the 3.4 convertible over the weekend. No sale, needs too much work. A picture says 1000 words, but it also doesn't say 10,000. BAD leak into the trunk, the jute was saturated and STUNK, meaning it's been doing this for quite some time. I couldn't get it to stay running and I'm suspicious it needs a timing belt., Or worse. Got enough projects. I passed. I've had one of these before and when I sat in it I could hear all the road noise form the street. Just not into that anymore. It's what they do. I'll just stick with my (quiet) 1996 2 dr.

Edited by bluecalais79

• 4 months later...

My dad bought a '94 3.4 coupe for my nephew about 10 years ago. I thought the rear bucket seats were the coolest feature of the car. I was mildly disappointed that my '95 has a rear bench seat. I doubt I'll ever find a rear bucket seat set--heck, I've only seen one Cutlass Supreme on a junk yard since I've owned my vert--but it would be a cool upgrade. 

10 minutes ago, Human said:

My dad bought a '94 3.4 coupe for my nephew about 10 years ago. I thought the rear bucket seats were the coolest feature of the car. I was mildly disappointed that my '95 has a rear bench seat. I doubt I'll ever find a rear bucket seat set--heck, I've only seen one Cutlass Supreme on a junk yard since I've owned my vert--but it would be a cool upgrade. 

I don't think the rear buckets were offered in the 94 coupes so it must have been a conversion right?  1993 was the last year for the International Series and rear buckets in the coupe.  I have a 89 International parts car, if I decide not to keep the rear buckets, I'll let you know.