CS getting cleaner

James Robert

2 hours ago, James Robert said:

Pics of my new NOS 'Oldsmobile' emblem,  freshly detailed taillights and right side door panel. 

tail.JPG

door.JPG

Very nice!  Hey what part of California are you located? 

1 hour ago, jiggity76 said:

Very nice!  Hey what part of California are you located? 

I'm in Palm Desert. I am fortunate that I do not have to deal with the snow and Ice like in other parts of the country. The tradeoff, however, is that in the summer, it's over 100 degrees most of the time, and it's too hot to work on cars...

1 minute ago, jiggity76 said:

The reason I asked is that I bought an STE from a guy in the Yucca Valley area and was wondering how close you were.

Yucca Valley is just up the hill from me about 25 miles in the high desert.

Very cool!  I'm planning on this spring to make it out there and bring her home.  Maybe we could meet up or something.  Nice to meet you, my name is Greg by the way.  Nice vert, how did you get the exhaust tips so clean?  Usually they are black with exhaust soot.

11 minutes ago, jiggity76 said:

Very cool!  I'm planning on this spring to make it out there and bring her home.  Maybe we could meet up or something.  Nice to meet you, my name is Greg by the way.  Nice vert, how did you get the exhaust tips so clean?  Usually they are black with exhaust soot.

A little sanding of the pipes, and a spray of brilliant silver paint made them look new again. Yes, they were black and ugly when I got it. The left pipes are not quite centered in their cutout, but I intend to correct that soon.

I was wondering about that.  It's amazing what little detail differences can do for a car.  MemphisMan is a member on here who has that kind of skill/eye and I think I'm noticing little things like that much better.  I also have an LQ1 car so I have the same tips as your vert. 

What color or brand of paint did you use?  Does it have to be a high temp paint?

Edited by jiggity76

12 minutes ago, jiggity76 said:

I was wondering about that.  It's amazing what little detail differences can do for a car.  MemphisMan is a member on here who has that kind of skill/eye and I think I'm noticing little things like that much better.  I also have an LQ1 car so I have the same tips as your vert. 

What color or brand of paint did you use?  Does it have to be a high temp paint?

Just cheap Dupli-color truck and RV silver paint. At the very end, the pipes don't get hot enough to need hi-temp.