GP tail lights.

jiggity76

Hey guys, on the 88-96 GP's, are the tail light lenses glued on the main silver plastic structure of the tail light housing?  Are they hard to separate?  I want to learn about how to replace the lenses on them if they delaminate or crack.  Or does the lens snap onto the housing?

Edited by jiggity76

Usually they can be warmed up in an oven at a low temperature and pulled apart but I've yet to do it. There's numerous threads on the internet about it.

DigitalOutsider is big on retrofit headlights so he's probably familiar with separating lights.

7 minutes ago, pshojo said:

do you need a 88-90? i have one

1 minute ago, Imp558 said:

Usually they can be warmed up in an oven at a low temperature and pulled apart but I've yet to do it. There's numerous threads on the internet about it.

DigitalOutsider is big on retrofit headlights so he's probably familiar with separating lights.

I was just wondering if I find one in the junkyard.  I was looking for some good spare ones for the 93 STE.  I think I'm going to see if I can order some new OEM NOS ones, might be easier and just as cheap to buy or replace the whole tail light housing.  I should have been more specific Pshojo but thank you.  I'll check out the internet too Imp, might be interesting on how to do it.