UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
AL

W-body Nationals June 2019

I'm open to either as long as it's not the first weekend of either month.

As far as the facebook only people who go, Matt has a presence there more than myself.

I still vote for a autocross weekend. I'd take the vette.

Guys... Let's plan this already! I still vote for the June autocross weekend (8-9) but that's now less than a month away.

If we can still pull that off then let's do it! I want out of this town darn it.

Okay, I'm calling it... I'm planning the first weekend of July Friday the 5th-Sunday the 7th. Only a couple people have commented and hopefully Non-Chinese Matt can make the later date. The best Motel I've found is a super 8, I will have an absolute destination at the beginning of the week because there are a couple motels on the other side of town I didn't hit up yet.

Sorry I haven't been around much guys, the busy season is absolutely kicking my ass this year, it's been nice because I don't have employees to watch over and stress about this year but doing literally everything at work is physically killer. I hope some of you will pass the information off to FB for me so we can get some numbers, as of now I've been using "6-12 rooms" as my opener for buying power at these motels because I have no idea how many are coming.

I won't be able to make most July weekends, and don't have a w-body, so feel free to disregard my comments...

picking the weekend of July 4th can be a double-edge sword. It is good because people may have off for the 4th, so it may be less time off for people. On the flip side, hotel/motels may be more expensive, and many people may already have plans for that weekend. 

Also, you have one person above who did chime in:

On 5/3/2019 at 9:59 AM, vipmiller803 said:

I'm open to either as long as it's not the first weekend of either month.

As far as the facebook only people who go, Matt has a presence there more than myself.

I still vote for a autocross weekend. I'd take the vette.

Edited by jimmyfloyd

On 5/20/2019 at 3:29 PM, jimmyfloyd said:

I won't be able to make most July weekends, and don't have a w-body, so feel free to disregard my comments...

picking the weekend of July 4th can be a double-edge sword. It is good because people may have off for the 4th, so it may be less time off for people. On the flip side, hotel/motels may be more expensive, and many people may already have plans for that weekend. 

Also, you have one person above who did chime in:

Heh thanks for the backup there but I wouldn't be so harsh on the guy... I wouldn't be in a w either. I have a possible out west trip that weekend. If it falls through the I'm in regardless.

On 5/22/2019 at 1:19 PM, Breakdown said:

I'm doing 3800 Space-Bobby on June 6-8.  Not sure if anyone else is thinking of going.  I'm down for going to Erie in July as well.

You mean the one in Detroit?

3 minutes ago, vipmiller803 said:

Heh thanks for the backup there but I wouldn't be so harsh on the guy... I wouldn't be in a w either. I have a possible out west trip that weekend. If it falls through the I'm in regardless.

You mean the one in Detroit?

Detroit / Grand Rapids - yes.

I kinda gave up caring. I love to see the crew when we go but lack of good planning just makes me annoyed. doesn't matter anyway. work has me working every Saturday every month working multiple departments because of lack of qualified people present. works for me.. but could really use a vacation. Need advance notice .. like we should just make it the same weekend of the same month every year at the place. no problems cant make it.. ohh well. that's how you solve this problem of lack of planning. no discrepancies.

Toledo, Red Roof, Park, Pool Hall, Milan Dragway, BXX Evans, that bar I cant think of the name... you know. stuff that just.. works.

maybe next year Ill blast the dyno at ZZP event. looked cool.

Thank You

-Jarek

I saw a new post here and thought, so yeah that would be coming up.

Sorry guys. I know I'm usually one of the people making this happen. Life is in the way big time. Little kid makes a complete rearrangement of priorities. 

In the interest of doing something I'll work with whoever for a fall meet (or even a late summer meet) or something close-ish (2 hours) of me. But unlike years past where this was one of the singular events I anticipated I just don't have the availability that I used to.