UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
AL

W-body Nationals June 2019

1 hour ago, Imp558 said:

SCCA meeting tonight and finally dates on the calendar.

This year autocross events will be Sundays so they can set up Saturday nights so those weekends are June 9th and July 7th.

Sunday could be better for us since not everyone will want to attend autocross for various reasons so some may just want to head out.

Track walking will be around 10:AM, racing will start shortly after.

Damn! I won’t be able to make either one of those. They’re race days. 

It would be Friday the 7th -Sunday the 9th if we do June.  if the consensus is that autocross is not important then realistically we can do any date all summer here in Erie.

I like the idea of autocrossing, and that is a weekend that I already have off so that would work out great, but I wouldn’t be heartbroken if we didn’t do an autocross event. It’s only about a 4 1/2 hour drive so I’m all for that, I would just have to make sure the GTP hasn’t developed any issues from sitting all winter LOL

Sorry for being ~5 months late to the discussion.

I'd potentially be down for Erie. Its only 1,5 hours from me. I feel like Erie has been an enigma for years now, lets make it happen.

Life's changed since the last Toledo meet I made it to, I could probably make a day trip on Saturday. I'm probably a couple years out from making a entire weekend due to the little one :lol:

Autocross, I don't care, my shits too old for me to want to really rag on. And lets be honest If I know us, 60% of the crew would be just as happy in a salvage yard (though IIRC Erie's are seriously shit-tier), 35% would hang around and just be content and 5% would have interest in something else (AutoX, Tracks in general, Antique stores, Firearm ranges).

But don't let me be a old man and spoil a good time. Like I said I'd likely only be able to make it up for a day trip on Saturday.

Erie is 2.5 or so for me so not out of the question.  I'll keep my eyes on this thread.  Might not be in a W at the time but I'll just park far away from everyone.  LOL.  Being June, and assuming I'd only make the day trip, I'd likely ride the motorcycle assuming it isn't going to rain. 

1 hour ago, Z34Luminasty said:

I would love if there was one in the Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, or Texas area. It’d be so much closer, if anyone knows of one, please notify me.

You're a member. If you'd like to start a thread to gauge interest in a southern meet there might be one. It would be cool if we had something southern.

6 minutes ago, Imp558 said:

You're a member. If you'd like to start a thread to gauge interest in a southern meet there might be one. It would be cool if we had something southern.

Ignore me, 😅. I found Rich’s post in events.

Edited by Z34Luminasty

2 hours ago, Z34Luminasty said:

I would love if there was one in the Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, or Texas area. It’d be so much closer, if anyone knows of one, please notify me.

Drive down to Texas, we'll go find some clapped out Century in a parking lot and park next to it and claim it's a meet. 

Which isn't much different from some of our actual meets.

still not sure Im going to have a car ready. Im trying.. but big turbos no good for auto x.

that's why they make corollas... lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmZxdbJohrk

Im going to say lets just chill... wherever.. just not somewhere seedy where "yall softer than cupcakes" is a common statement.

my vote. Toledo. want to go drag racing.. go to Milan.

doesn't Erie have a track?

Im cool for just chillin.. eatin breads and desserts  getting all fat n sassy..

just make a date and location soon so I can get it on the calendar this year.

my 2 cents

thanks

-Jarek

any strip is better than no strip.. long island us to be king of racing.... now we have self entitled nutbags that don't like noise. 4 hours out off the island is e town.. well that's gone too. so we have atco. that's a drive. so just be happy you have something 

On 3/4/2019 at 10:31 PM, digitaloutsider said:

Drive down to Texas, we'll go find some clapped out Century in a parking lot and park next to it and claim it's a meet. 

Which isn't much different from some of our actual meets.

In the history of Space Bobby "National" meets, I honestly don't recall us ever having a Century . . . or a 1988 Lumina for that matter.