Sun visor stickers

James Robert

I'm having my convertible sun visors reupholstered and am thinking of removing the warning stickers on the mirror doors. I hate stickers on my cars, and I think it would look cleaner without them. Opinions?

SAM_0327.JPG

11 minutes ago, pshojo said:

who's re-upholestering these? i didn't think you could.  I'd love to do a set in vinyl/leather... 

A local European car upholstery shop is doing them. They are using 1/8" foam backed headliner fabric that matches the correct color code with a blind stitch. They said it was no problem, I'll post the results. Almost anything would be better than the beat-up ones I had.

On 11/23/2018 at 5:26 PM, James Robert said:

Done. Came off easier than I thought. There remains a slight ghost which I hope will fade away.

That's strange.  I figured the ghosting would be darker since it was covered by the sticker, but it's just the opposite.  Sun exposure can make plastic darker?  Not sure I knew that. 

5 hours ago, MemphisMan said:

That's strange.  I figured the ghosting would be darker since it was covered by the sticker, but it's just the opposite.  Sun exposure can make plastic darker?  Not sure I knew that. 

Yeah, I thought it was leftover adhesive, but I scrubbed them good with WD40 and a toothbrush. Guess it's just a plastic 'suntan' . Hope it doesn't take another 23 years in the sun to blend. Still better than the sticker, I think.