02 impala engine swap or twin engine

Keith knipp

Hi I'm new to this I have a 02 impala ls. I'm looking to ether swap the 3800 series 2 with an ls1 or put another 3800 in the back. 

Edited by Keith knipp

L67 swap or top swap is not too hard and it's got good support in the aftermarket. 

LS swap wouldn't be too bad if you had a donor vehicle. 

Engine in trunk is a mammoth undertaking, there's one going together on this forum now.

Thanks for your input. And ill post some pics later when I get home. Just note its not as clean as id like it to be  that's why I'm wanting to something to it.

Edited by Keith knipp

17 minutes ago, Keith knipp said:

Thanks for your input. And ill post some pics later when I get home. Just note its not as clean as id like it to be  that's why I'm wanting to something to it.

Project cars are never as clean as we want them to be, and that's good because once they are the fun is over.

• Like 1

Thanks I did it with rattle cans. I did like that so when I do paint it that's how I'm gonna do it. But the tan will ether be white or red not really sure witch one. My wife wants me to do red so it matches her red focus