Thinking about having my car painted

W30olds

The top and hood are starting to fade badly. The clear coat on the top is peeling now. The spoiler clearcoat is gone. Question myself if it's worth the money to have it painted. Not wanting a show car paint job really. I need to make a decision as to what I should do with it. Restore it, or look for a newer model car. Man don't low what path to take......oh the choices.

I do like having zero car debt though. I could have her fixed up and not even worry about a newer GP. I know one day the trans will die too. Not a biggie as it's original and has 238K on it.

Any input guys?? Keep her and restore, or look for a newer ride??

Happy driving friends!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Buy a gun and paint it. You don't expect a show car and it would certainly improve it.
I'd like to, but really don't have a good place to do it. Also don't know crap about painting cars.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Necessity is a mother.

Best way to learn is to have to paint something.  I knew guys who painted their cars by buying a shitload of Krylon spray-bombs.  Yes, it looked pretty bad when they were done.

I saw a car at the Car Craft Summer Cruise a few years ago that had been painted with a gallon or two of Rustoleum and a fine-textured (smooth) house-painting roller.  Actually looked pretty good, considering.

My philosophy has been to let the car look bad.  Drive it until there's nothing left.