Cruise stopped working - '96 GP

Brodizzle83

My cruise stopped working on my '96 Grand Prix a few weeks ago. Just wondering where I should start as far as problem solving. Thanks!1da176094272432e66a2993c1813a1f3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It’s either electrical or vacuum related. I’d check for broken vac lines to start with. Check the ends carefully. Need to make sure your vac bottle is good as well.  Does it try and engage but cutout or nothing st all?

Edited by GTP091

It’s either electrical or vacuum related. I’d check for broken vac lines to start with. Check the ends carefully. Need to make sure your vac bottle is good as well.  Does it try and engage but cutout or nothing st all?
No, it doesn't work at all.

^ Right you are,  the electronic module is mounted to the drivers side shock tower. They do not stand up well to continuous heat.
Are those available aftermarket? Or is it a "pick from the JY and hope for the best" kind of part?

The module that was used for your year GP was a 4 year item, in 99 it was replaced with an newer design.

*assuming* that this IS the problem source you probably don't want to pay the over-the-counter retail price on one, you'll fall on 'yer ass when you see what they are selling for.

Yes the cruse control switches in the turn signal stalk can go bad.

The small electrical connector on the back side of the turn signal stalk is just for the cruse control. You can unplug the connector and test the switches with an ohm meter.

You can also pull the wiring connector on the cruse module and check for voltage on the pins but that is a pain.

The module that was used for your year GP was a 4 year item, in 99 it was replaced with an newer design.
*assuming* that this IS the problem source you probably don't want to pay the over-the-counter retail price on one, you'll fall on 'yer ass when you see what they are selling for.
Damn! No kidding! Noooooo thank you. Haha