What is this part?

James Robert

Working inside my passenger side door and found this just lying at the bottom. Does anyone recognize it? Some kind of rubber bumper, but I can't figure out where it's supposed to go.

SAM_0314.JPG

SAM_0315.JPG

55 minutes ago, walterdude said:

Maybe it slides into the window track and acts as a stop,,, so the window doesn't go down too far???

Good luck,,,

Tom B...

The window works fine, starts and stops in the right place, but I'll lower it down and look again. I may have to open the drivers side panel and see if I can find the same part on that side, although I was trying to avoid that extra work.

11 hours ago, Imp558 said:

I "Think" it goes on the bottom of the roller track so the roller track doesn't bump the bottom of the door, it's been a while since I was in there.

Bingo! You're right, it slides into a bracket at the bottom of the window roller track. I could only see it with the window half way down. Thanks, you guys are great!

30 minutes ago, Imp558 said:

Every now and then, even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

In my case, blind is right! Working on cars was a lot more fun as a kid with perfect vision!

Really good eye, I would never have guessed that. Guess it comes with the experience of working on them along time.

Edited by 89-W-Body-Regal