My Droptop

mybluecutty

So I’ve had a lot of mechanicals done to this old bird and it’s taken a good bit of the summer. 

This week it was brakes, wheels and tires. Next week starts the pace car interior swap. 

Theres never a dull moment. 

170BC0A1-DA50-4026-8EC1-D98DACEE071C.jpeg

• 2 months later...

So I’ve gotten the engine swapped last week and the windshield replaced  yesterday.  The interior swap will happen next week....finally   

And a problem was noted on the way home.  No heat. Assuming the blend doors are stuck. How do I approach fixing this issue?

any help will be appreciated. 

I had an 89 pickup, froze my butt of all the way home one day...stopped by my dads and mentioned it to him, he walked out and slapped the dash with the palm of his hand, the blend door moved and it started blowing hot air. it usually just got stuck every now and then and needed some persuation to move. the trouble was the truck had sat for a while in that one position and it froze ther...

So I’ve been messing with this on my day off. It had to put a new fuse on the interior lamps. I replaced the fuse and the climate control head unit continues to stay lit up even though the ignition is off. So I wonder if the blend door is really a bad Climate Control Head unit?

Edited by mybluecutty

• 2 weeks later...

So I got the door panels and seat belt assemblies installed off the pace car. Thankfully everything works,  piecing switches and other door parts together. Slow going 

1E7D9AF3-C013-46D7-9C30-957F57D5D8E6.png

• 2 weeks later...