Anyone know an easy idea how to relearn a TPS sensor when replacing one?

89-W-Body-Regal

Been experiencing some issues regarding my TPS sensor and I think it’s time to replace the original one. The map sensor needs to be replaced, I want to know If I install the tps saving me time in the long run to save me time, what is the easiest way to relearn the new sensor so the ECM can relearn? I was thinking setting it the same how the old one was matching the holes on the throttle body. Than driving it so the computer can work.

Edited by 89-W-Body-Regal

Do you have a 2.8 or 3.1? There’s isn’t a relearn procedure for the TPS sensor. The ecm will just start taking the data when the key is turned on. Re and re is very easy if you don’t line the sensor  up to the throttle post it won’t go in; you can’t really screw it up. Make sure you clean the hole.  The IAC valve has a relearn sequence. 

Edited by GTP091

On 9/10/2018 at 11:37 PM, 89-W-Body-Regal said:

Been experiencing some issues regarding my TPS sensor and I think it’s time to replace the original one. The map sensor needs to be replaced, I want to know If I install the tps saving me time in the long run before it goes out, what is the easiest way to relearn the new sensor so the ECM can relearn? I was thinking setting it the same how the old one was matching the holes. Than driving it and so the ecm can relearn it. 

Already did it and the colts on the scan tool was in specs. Thanks for the info also, that’s good.

Edited by 89-W-Body-Regal