MT2500 scanner ABS adapter GM-3 (MT2500-12)

crazyd

Does anyone here happen to have the GM-3 ABS adapter for the MT2500 scanner?  I've got the cartridge for ABS, but it still wants the GM-3 adapter for ABS VI.  Didn't have any luck searching for it on eBay or Google, and I've got a code set that I'd like to find out what it is.

Edited by crazyd

Here's another standalone tool option if you can't track down the Snap-On adapter: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cornwell-OTC-OW-C3757-ABS-Reader-Tech-Inspect-Full-Kit-Ford-GM-C3758-Scanner-USA/263438867149?epid=9012698229&hash=item3d562e1acd:g:IaMAAOSwqaJaU7Pg:sc:USPSPriority!30535!US!-1

There's another OTC 3757 on ebay but it does not appear to have any connectors with it other than the 12v adapter and the half of the cable that goes from the tool to the connector adapters: https://www.ebay.com/itm/OTC-3758-SPX-OTC-ANTI-LOCK-BRAKE-SYSTEM-SCAN-TOOL-Reader/163057194606?epid=1722255754&hash=item25f6f7566e:g:-jsAAOSwcitbAfAu

edit: GM OBD1 cable for the tool above:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-ADAPTER-CABLE-P2/111862393603?hash=item1a0b84ab03:g:cqgAAOSwo3pWhCPE

and a set of multiple cables for cheap, but the ends look kinda cruddy on those...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OTC-3305-58-Ford-212633-gm-3305-65-chrysler-III-vehicle-cables/263889676045?hash=item3d710ce70d:g:BrsAAOSw-SBasCBe:sc:USPSFirstClass!30535!US!-1

Edited by mfewtrail

Yeah it's strange that they'd require a separate adapter just for the ABS, since it's the same plug.  Probably a salesman's decision rather than an engineer's.

mfewtrail: Thanks for the alternatives, might just go that route instead.

I would also recommend anyone into GM OBD1 cars to keep an eye out for a tech 1. Unlike Tech 2's, they are generally pretty cheap, and with the mass storage cartridge, you can scan EVERYTHING for GM OBD1.

Edited by jman093

Maybe selling the whole scanner and finding a Tech-1 is the better way to go.  Any particular keywords that would help narrow down the search notification, Jesse?  Is there a GM part number for a Tech-1?

BTW I am pretty sure I have a wheel-speed sensor problem.  I looked at the possible codes, and the way the indicator is acting, it's gotta be that.  I can hear the module initializing properly, and the warning light doesn't come on until I get over 10mph.  I think I know which one it is, too.

I've been using an MTG2500, very similar to the MT2500 but with two-channel Graphing.  At some point not long from now, I'll have to upgrade, but until then my Red Brick gets me by.

Never heard of the GM-3 adapter.  I've got the usual GM1 and GM2.  I've had no luck on eBay, and Snap-On seems to have changed all the adapter part numbers--although a person could contact Snappy and ask if there's a crossover from GM3 to something currently available.

On 9/18/2018 at 12:48 AM, crazyd said:

Maybe selling the whole scanner and finding a Tech-1 is the better way to go.  Any particular keywords that would help narrow down the search notification, Jesse?  Is there a GM part number for a Tech-1?

No particular keywords. Just search for a tech 1 on ebay and craigslist. The thing to keep in mind would be the presence of a Mass Storage Cartridge (MSC). You definitely want one of those. It has the hundred other cartridges already loaded on board. With that card you can scan anything GM OBD1. You would only need other cartridges for non-GM products. You can buy a tech 1 without it and buy the MSC on eBay separately if you want (that's what I did), but ideally you'd want a Tech 1 with it already present. MSC's aren't rare on eBay, but they don't pop up for sale everyday either. MSC's need programmed, but even if it hasn't been programmed, I should be able to do that for you if you send it to me.

Picture of the MSC:

index.jpg