Lazy mechanics

James Robert

So I'm going over my new '95 conv 3.4, and I see by receipts the previous owner had lower intake gaskets done 500 miles ago. Under the hood I find missing nuts for the decorative engine cover, two loose plenum bolts, the MAP? sensor off it's mount, missing one mounting stud at the rear of the plenum, misrouted hoses and wiring and an O-ring tossed onto the strut mount. No doubt the one that came in the gasket set. I can't believe how careless some mechanics can be. I may have to take it all back apart, just to see what else they screwed up. End of rant, I feel somewhat better now.

• Like 2

If you want to own your sharp looking vert for an extended period of time, I'd recommend learning the car inside and out and do your own maintenance.  That sounds like someone really screwed the pooch on that job.  How does it run?  

21 hours ago, MemphisMan said:

If you want to own your sharp looking vert for an extended period of time, I'd recommend learning the car inside and out and do your own maintenance.  That sounds like someone really screwed the pooch on that job.  How does it run?  

It runs really well, seems to hesitate just a little when cold, which could mean the intake wasn't done right. Yes, I try to do all my own car work, even though I'm no youngster. I've tried many different mechanics over the years when I don't feel like doing it myself, and sadly NONE of them do the work to my standards.