I own a 90 TGP....again

negativeMatt

Hi all,

I recently bought a 90 TGP that had been sitting since 2001. Time wasn't kind to it for sure. The seats are shot, the paint is baked but I still like the old thing. I spent a day buffing and cleaning it up , and generally seeing what I have here. The guy I got it from had swapped in a new fuel tank, new filter and had gotten it running. He had attempted a brake booster swap but that was where I picked it up. In the last week, I gathered the parts I needed and over this weekend I swapped in a hydroboost brake setup from scavenged junkyard parts. Even with the old pads and rotors, this thing stops amazingly! I plan to do a full write up as I took pics during the swap. I had a black 90 TGP many years ago and loved that car, and always vowed to have another. This one may be rough, but I'm still going to enjoy driving it!

• Like 2

Welcome! And I'd like to thank you for giving it a home as well. The information thread for our community calendar just went up if you'd like to submit it.

Welcome. I'm definitely interested in seeing the details of your hydroboost swap. Did you ever previously post on the TGPForums or the old Netavalanche site when you had your previous car?

10 hours ago, mfewtrail said:

Welcome. I'm definitely interested in seeing the details of your hydroboost swap. Did you ever previously post on the TGPForums or the old Netavalanche site when you had your previous car?

I had that car before the internet! Lol

On 8/27/2018 at 12:54 PM, digitaloutsider said:

Welcome! Hydroboost as in from a GM truck hydroboost..? That's interesting..

I used an Astro van set up as the accumulator is shorter and more compact. We use them on alot of pro-touring builds and they work great. 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Still here, mainly on the fb page however...I now have 3 TGPs, lol. Been driving the original car daily now for the last 7 months and the brakes work great! I picked up another 90 just a few days ago with only 48k on it. I'm gonna swap the brakes on it and put it back on the road as well.

When you do the brake swap could you take a few pictures and do a little write-up of sorts? That would be a really interesting thread...

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Imp558 said:

When you do the brake swap could you take a few pictures and do a little write-up of sorts? That would be a really interesting thread...

Will do, gents