New Olds convertible member

James Robert

Hello,

I just picked up a 1995 Cutlass Convertible and found this site. I have owned many different cars over the years, but my first car was a used 1969 Cutlass convert, so I wanted another. The new one is bright white/white top, tan interior. I see a lot of knowledgeable owners here and hope to learn some things about these special cars. I will post pictures when it's cleaned up.

James Robert

Welcome!    I've got a 232k mile daily driver 1995 convertible, and learned a lot from this site over the years.    As for the pictures, please post some BEFORE you clean it up, it is interesting to see the before and after pictures.   Also, please tell us more about your 'vert.  What engine, miles,  wheels/tires, modifications, etc.    I think white/white/tan is somewhat rare.   

7 hours ago, oldmangrimes said:

Welcome!    I've got a 232k mile daily driver 1995 convertible, and learned a lot from this site over the years.    As for the pictures, please post some BEFORE you clean it up, it is interesting to see the before and after pictures.   Also, please tell us more about your 'vert.  What engine, miles,  wheels/tires, modifications, etc.    I think white/white/tan is somewhat rare.   

From what I see, it's one of 29 made in this color combo. 3.4 DOHC, original 52K miles. The outside is clean, but the inside is filthy dirty! No mods. I'm oiling up the top frame joints and greasing the latches now. I intend to take out the whole interior for a thorough cleaning. After some reading, the 3.4 engine is starting to scare me....

J

don't let it scare you. Just make sure you stay on top of the maintenance and take care of it and it should be fine. All cars have issues. 

Post a picture or two when you have the chance

Welcome. Can't wait to see some pictures. You can actually attach pictures directly. You don't need a third party hosting site like photobucket. <----- They suck anyway! 

On 8/24/2018 at 9:11 PM, James Robert said:

After some reading, the 3.4 engine is starting to scare me....

Welcome to the forum and congrats on owning such a low mile vert.  Don't sweat the 3.4L.  Just do the scheduled upkeep and learn what to look for and you'll be fine.  I daily drive two 3.4L and love them, one being a 95 vert!  It really is a great car!

13 hours ago, MemphisMan said:

Welcome to the forum and congrats on owning such a low mile vert.  Don't sweat the 3.4L.  Just do the scheduled upkeep and learn what to look for and you'll be fine.  I daily drive two 3.4L and love them, one being a 95 vert!  It really is a great car!

Thanks, I'll post some pictures soon, I haven't been driving it. I did notice last time I started it, I found a significant puddle of oil under the car. Seems to drip only when running, maybe the oil pump drive seal?

James

1 hour ago, GabsOlds said:

Looks good! 

Thanks. I installed a new antenna mast, so that is working again. Need to look into the ABS and brake warning light. I noticed all three bulbs in the center brake light were out and read somewhere that could cause the warning lights, but they are still on with the new bulbs.