Recent Lumina owner, long time lurker

RareCoinsGuy

Good day! I have recently been given a non-running 1995 Lumina 3.1l.

At the moment, I suspect the intake manifold gasket has given way to overheating and water entry problems. I’m wanting to put a later 60° engine but unsure what to do to wire the car for OBD II

3400 swap is stupid easy, I don't think you even have to really do much of anything to make it work. There should be some guides on 60DegreeV6 to cover it. I'd ask Saar, but he seems to be MIA these days.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, digitaloutsider said:

3400 swap is stupid easy, I don't think you even have to really do much of anything to make it work. There should be some guides on 60DegreeV6 to cover it. I'd ask Saar, but he seems to be MIA these days.

I’m inclined to rebuild a Series II L67 now tbh. I want to convert the car to OBD II

14 minutes ago, Imp558 said:

Pick up an 80,000 mile L67 and it won't need much, a rebuild isn't all that necessary unless you get one that's very high mileage. 

Should I rebuild the 4T60-E or look for a 4T65-E HD

I guess that would depend on how wild you want to go with the car. If you want it to mostly remain stock, you could very well get away with keeping the 4T60E, but then you're limiting yourself to PCM options that can control it. 

IMHO, I'd grab the wiring harness and PCM from a 98-01 3800 Lumina and go that route.  Then add your own 4T65E and 3800.  Or just pull the entire powertrain from one of those cars and top swap it later.

4T65e -HD is easier, and a better transmission.  You have to cobble CV shafts though but it's a hell of a lot easier than dealing with the PCM.

Start a thread for the car in Members Rides to keep everything in one place.