UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rich_e777

Wanted- Cutlass Supreme 2D Valence/airdam

Was driving the Vert and a truck in front of me lost a chunk of tire and I couldnt swerve to avoid it. Knocked the exhaust loose so the tailpipes are crooked and bent the black plastic valence/airdam on the front bumper cover. They are the same between coupes and Verts but not sure about the sedans. Ive not seen a 2D CS in awhile so if anyone happens to come across one let me know how much you want for it. 

1 hour ago, Psych0matt said:

2D? Maybe it’s just early but in 15 years I don’t think I’ve ever seen this in the context of a cutlass. Unless yours is a drawing...

2D meaning two door.  The coupes and verts should have the same valence, but the sedan is possibly different.

I dont think the sedans even had them, cannot recall and online pics dont really show. Hears the one on my 94 that transfers right over but I still need another good one. Driving without it makes the front end feel different at interstate speeds.

ANLrKQz.jpg

Considering these cars don't really have a fresh air inlet above the bumper, I would think this would also be necessary to separate the hot and cool air for adequate cooling at idle. I once had a Jensen Interceptor that would overheat because the fans would recirculate the hot air bouncing off the ground from behind the radiator, back into the front of the radiator. Odd...…..

The transmission will spit the dipstick out, blow it's oil pan off, melt all of it's gears into one solid hunk of iron and then fall right out of the bottom of the car if it's operated without the valance.

It's common knowledge here in the community. 

95-96 Regal had a valance, coupe and sedan.

I think that only applies to the TGP, apparently the valence keeps all the McClaren in the transmission. 

Still looking for one just not as important at the moment, might be buying a new to me 1st gen coupe with far less body damage and just swap all the parts over to the better car.