Calling all sunroof/moonroof owners!

crazyd

Has anyone ever had a persistent rattle from their roof that they were able to fix?  I've tried everything I can think of short of taking down the headliner, which I don't want to do for fear of damaging an irreplaceable part.  It's coming from the back of it, and is somewhere between the glass and sunshade, as closing the shade quiets it down a bit and opening the roof in vent mode eliminates it completely.  Or turning the stereo up louder, which I've been doing for years.

Any suggestions?

Are both of the guide covers attached properly?

They are plastic & are held in place on both inner sides of the track mechanism, they hinge at the front to follow the glass.

When the glass is *up* you can see them.

My sunroof is not an OEM part so cant suggest a fix for a factory piece. However I have had the headliner out to recover and it was surprisingly easy to get out and in without twisting or bending it, need to put the seats all the way down.  The pain would be removing all trim pieces that hold it up.  If you have some loose plastic bits up there that are rattling a nice bead of silicone would fix it up if you cant just replace a squashed seal.

9 hours ago, 55trucker said:

Are both of the guide covers attached properly?

They are plastic & are held in place on both inner sides of the track mechanism, they hinge at the front to follow the glass.

When the glass is *up* you can see them.

Can't say for sure that they are.  I've had to remove them to remove the glass and replace the seal.  They're attached in the front but not in the rear, are they supposed to be?