Forum software Upgrade bugs/issues

LukeZ34

Please post any problems you encounter with the forum software in this thread so I can be aware of them. Also, please know that I am working on some back end settings on the forum yet, and we may experience some random downtimes over the next few days.

Thanks for your patience over the course of this upgrade!

• Like 2

• LukeZ34 pinned this topic

Home page (on Android mobile) shows topics that appear to be built into a template.

Mobile formatting is corrected!!!

Text string in header still shows. 

No "Full Site" link.

I'm going to pop into chrome browser and see what it looks like.

There are a boat load of background processes that need to run, and it is processing all of our posts right now, and it's taking a very long time. It is my belief that many of the problems we are experiencing will be fixed as these processes complete.. but I do not have a time table on that. Judging by others who have experienced this problem, it has taken a week or more.

I have a ticket in to IPB support to find out if this is normal behavior, or if there is something wrong that needs dealt with. I feel like our hosting server is up to spec as the resource logs are showing things running mostly idle right now.. I'll post back when I know more that I can share (hopefully soon).

Not that I'm a rampant homophobic or anything but at some point after we land on our feet would it be possible to change the "Heart" to something like a "ThumbsUp" when we like content? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/26/2018 at 11:02 AM, Imp558 said:

Not that I'm a rampant homophobic or anything 

12 hours ago, Imp558 said:

YAY!

Good heavens...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, vipmiller803 said:

Good heavens...

I would have given you the heart and blown a kiss if Luke haden't changed it, but you got a "thumbsup"  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not an issue, just a question: Is there a setting somewhere on my end where I can change the resolution of the board? I'm only on 1600x900 and it looks extremely small.

This is my first post with the upgraded site,,,,, AND also my 25h post!!!

We'll see how this displays when I submit this... The posts were showing with NO spacing or gaps,,, No matter how I tried to set it up in the text editor...

One thing I DO notice with the new site,,, The posts don't seem to be numbered,,, whereas they were with the old version... In a real long thread it's handy to be able io point to a specific post number... There is probably a setting for it somewhere.....

If it is on my end let me know....

ThanxXx,,,,

Tom B...

PS: It looks GREAT!!! (as far as how it displays)

The site seems to have lost the gallery banner images that were displayed above the forum sub sections.

*Luke...I still don't have capability using my Pale Moon browser. 

2 hours ago, digitaloutsider said:

What issues are you having with Pale Moon? I'm using it right now to post this.

I cannot reply to any threads at all.

The *reply box* will not respond to any input command  from my browser. I can * start* a thread but do nothing after that.

Pale Moon has been my primary browser for at least 8 years now, I'm using 27.9.4, with the website upgrade my browser has lost a few of the basic functions to make use of the website.

Here's a screenshot of this thread. The reply box at the bottom does not *open* to any command input.

I'm using my Firefox backup to reply to this.

Pale Moon W body screenshot.jpg

I cannot replicate this issue. I see you have NoScript (which appears to be running in Allow Scripts Globally in your screenshot) and ABL installed, so I even installed those and I can't make it happen. Do you have any other extensions enabled?

No,

there's just the theme that I make use of (Noia 4), that has been tested & it is not the source of the issue, neither is Noscript nor Adblock Latitude. I make use of both of those filters also on here Firefox & they do not interfere with the website.

I'm hoping that Luke will find a cure.

What I should be seeing is this..........

W-body website issue.jpg.but I'm not

Same version you mentioned, 27.9.4. Tested on two Win10 machines and my ancient Windows 7 laptop I use for tuning.

I also went back and retested the forum in Edge, IE, Chrome, Firefox Developer Edition, Chrome Mobile, and Safari Mobile none of which exhibit this behavior.  I would suggest making a post on PM's support forum and ask them why their browser doesn't work when everything else does.

Well  Shaun,

I've just logged on via my wife's laptop & there is no issue.

What's puzzling is her browser is a mirror of my systems browser, except that the version is a few mths older.

Both Win7 32bit, looks like I've got some digging to do.

Found it!

the issue WAS with my browsers *user agent*, for whatever reason the forum website was recording my user agent as IE11(account settings/recently used devises), not Firefox (gecko).

I had to go into about:config & change the useragent to Firefox 59 Quantum (gecko) from the listed user agent Firefox 52.9 (Pale Moon) (gecko),

that ones a mystery to me, but all is well again.

• 5 years later...
On 7/26/2018 at 11:02 AM, Imp558 said:

Not that I'm a rampant homophobic or anything but at some point after we land on our feet would it be possible to change the "Heart" to something like a "ThumbsUp" when we like content? 

Glad you said it!