Forum software upgrade starting THIS Sunday 7-22-18!

LukeZ34

Members:

For the last 2 years we have been running on an outdated and no-longer-supported version of our forum software (Invision power board). Running legacy software such as this presents several problems to us, both on the back end of the forum, and the front end that all of our users see. Some examples include:

• Forum donation tracker no longer working
  • Garage software out of date
  • Random errors from outdated extensions that cannot be updated any longer
  • Potential security vulnerabilities in the software

Back in January of 2018, I purchased a license for the updated software (Invision power board 4), as well as the necessary software add-ons and extensions. I setup a test site on our domain and using a copy of the database, successfully migrated all of our data over to the new version with minimal problems. I took several notes along the way, so I am confident the upgrade to the LIVE version of the site should go fairly smoothly. But if history has taught me anything, I am allotting a length of 4 days for the upgrade process. Website work like this is not my strongest proficiency anymore, so I want to make sure I am giving myself enough time to make everything work properly afterwards.

Details of the upgrade are below:

Upgrade process starts Sunday July 22nd 2018, and will be completed by Wednesday July 25th, OR sooner.

During this time, the forum will be inaccessible. Please check the W-body.com Facebook page for status updates during the upgrade process https://www.facebook.com/wbodydotcom/

Thank you for your continued support in keeping our community alive on the web for so many years!

Luke

This upgrade will fix a large number of issues, as the new version is a completely rewritten software package. It is MUCH more mobile friendly than this version is.

• LukeZ34 unpinned this topic