Looked at a 2004 GTP

W30olds

Went to look at a 2004 GTP today. Dealer claimed it was in excellent condition. Drove an hour to look at the car in Greenville, SC.

Got there and the cars paint was awful. Clear coat peeling off the bumpers, top and hood. The interior was ok. Leather drivers seat was torn up quite a bit. Carpet was nasty and stained. It was far from "excellent" and needed some pricey work. I brought these thing to the sellers attention and offered him KBB fair value. He said they were firm on the price. Haha. I didn't buy it. But hey its super fast he kept telling me.

Also the fact being in SC there's no state emissions, so no idea if the car would pass here in Georgia. Angry and disappointed I left.

My 1995 is in better condition. I'll probably get tired of looking at used cars and just have the paint fixed on my 95 and keep driving it until it explodes. Lol.

I did get the tint redone on her this past weekend. It was purple and faded. Looked awful. Now it's fresh, dark and pretty.

Now if I run across a great deal on a WS6 ram air firebird I'm gonna grab one. Those are awesome cars.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

someone had an 07 GP GT in CT. My 98 GP insn't running this week. 850$ - only needs a water pump 8o. I mean who really knows but I wanted the thing. Then ... I decided to give my 2 weeks notice. Got plenty of money in the bank, but I'll feel safer dumping any money on anything while I'm working again.

My advice is avoid dealers. There are the occasional bargains on craigs.I paid 300$ for my car, yeah it's got it's issues, but for the most part runs like a champ. I need an Astro or Safari van (4 wheel drive only) if anyone's got one within 200 or so miles of south/central Jersey.

I've got two 2004 GPs, both of which have spent most of their lives outside.  Neither has any clearcoat pealing problems in the slightest (and in general they look pretty good, minus the usual rock chips and door dings from 15 years of use). 

This one sounds like it wasn't taken care of at all.

I saw this morning that the price dropped on the car. Your right goldcamj somebody didnt take care of the car. Sad because the cars now $1900 and would be a good deal if the paint wasn't totally shot out.

• 2 weeks later...

You might have dodged a bullet. They probably rode it hard and put it away wet. I know I did when I looked at a similar year GTP before finding my Ultra.

You might have dodged a bullet. They probably rode it hard and put it away wet. I know I did when I looked at a similar year GTP before finding my Ultra.
I'm fairly certain that was the case. It was in sad condition to say the least. Made me mad because the dealer said it was in great condition. In person that was far from the truth. The sleezy salesman I dealt with didn't even have the nuts to greet me. Sent another guy out to show the car because he knew he'd lied to me

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk