UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
Brodizzle83

"Flush mount" dash kits for a '96 Grand Prix?

Wondering if anyone has flush mounted an aftermarket receiver in their '94-96 Grand Prix? All of the install kits I've seen have the molded-in "extension" from the mounting point. I want my new receiver to be flush with the dash. I did get a Sony digital media unit so it's a bit shallower than CD units.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Sony digital head unit fit right into the hole in my 2002 GP with no dash cutting required. Not sure how much different the size is on the 96 but if its close it could work. I was afraid major surgery would be required but the shallow depth saved the day.

IMG_5980-M.jpg

a simple Scosche kit is what is in my car, the Alpine unit is flush mounted, but it is in there tight, the RCA plugs are 90 degree facing down to clear the heater assembly. 

a simple Scosche kit is what is in my car, the Alpine unit is flush mounted, but it is in there tight, the RCA plugs are 90 degree facing down to clear the heater assembly.

Do you happen to have a picture?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yikes!, that was almost 20 years ago,

ask me what I had for breakfast yesterday?   lol

I remember the kit was a single din install package, it had multiple faceplates for the install because the *usual* method was to install the faceplate that projected the head unit outward to get the clearance at the rear. I didn't want that so I selected the faceplate that supported the old style 70's two knob radio insert that fit into the middle, I omitted that insert & set the head unit with it's trim ring directly into the centre of that faceplate.  

This is what that kit looked like.....Scosche might not even support that old kit anymore

https://www.amazon.com/harness-installing-Single-Radio-PONTIAC/dp/B0147PP9J0