Hood insulation.

jiggity76

Thank you so much, I was really sweatin it about how to replace these pieces.  I figured there are clips and screws somewhere but I don't want to damage anything that's reusable.  The door cladding is held on with screws and clips too right?  What about the chrome trim pieces that run along the front fenders and rear quarters?

Those get a little tricky because there is a lot of plastic clips that can break.  Both mouldings on each fender and both on each quarter have small plastic pin retainers that grip into a plastic barrel nut in the body.  Each front door moulding has one up front as well.  Those have a death grip and neither the pin or the barrel nut are available so extreme caution is mandatory.  There is also a screw or 2 in the front and/or rear end of each moulding.  With the exception of the thin mouldings above the bumper covers, once any screws and pin clips are removed, each moulding needs to be released from the clips near the top then slid down to release the mouldings from the bottom clips.

Those get a little tricky because there is a lot of plastic clips that can break.  Both mouldings on each fender and both on each quarter have small plastic pin retainers that grip into a plastic barrel nut in the body.  Each front door moulding has one up front as well.  Those have a death grip and neither the pin or the barrel nut are available so extreme caution is mandatory.  There is also a screw or 2 in the front and/or rear end of each moulding.  With the exception of the thin mouldings above the bumper covers, once any screws and pin clips are removed, each moulding needs to be released from the clips near the top then slid down to release the mouldings from the bottom clips.

Do you mind if I PM you?  I have a lot of concerns and questions.

Do you mind if I PM you?  I have a lot of concerns and questions.

Not at all but I am currently very busy trying to get ready for the Pontiac Nationals in Norwalk, OH.  So I might not get to answer right away.