New member.

Selenoyl

Hello. I recently picked up a 94 Cutlass Supreme coupe, looking to learn more about my car, and to interact with great people.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hey!  So glad you joined!  I saw you post on the thread of my "new to me" 91 Cutlass and so glad you got a 94.  Tell us all about it.  Post up some pics.  How many miles are on it?  Cloth interior or leather?  Seriously, we're here to help.  BTW, your car looks really clean.  Where did you get it?  

Oh, and remember when I referred to the rims on the 91 as "Pies"?  Well the rims on your 94 are referred to as "Sawblades".

I picked up the 94 in London Kentucky from a Craigslist ad. It's got roughly 85,000 miles on it, and I ended up paying $1800 for it. It's really sharp, with a few minor problems. There are some spots where the paint got badly touched up, which are fairly noticeable. There's also a Low Coolant light that perpetually blinks, despite the car having new fluids. There are no major mechanical issues I'm aware of, and there was a new air compressor installed recently. d5c0863a57cae06410fbcdde33cda640.jpgb103aea923041d8362a7d2b3985df79e.jpgfa5c65ca17a54f0292dbf8c66faae343.jpg0071a7b685b0988e11af64858d06ba1c.jpg0a39f81d3dd5079e7c7e95be4f4c7ec9.jpg08eae5dafb0f77b62ede379798fcc3ef.jpg2099eda8448c2b341c9027164a55866b.jpg902a1ab93db13ade96561871793f2da6.jpg5604a2214927b612ff88000c989b7582.jpg

• Like 2

Heh, that's great

Oh, and remember when I referred to the rims on the 91 as "Pies"? Well the rims on your 94 are referred to as "Sawblades".

The guy I bought the car from was really nice, he apparently bought the car new for his daughter back in the day. After some trouble, he ended up with the car in his hands. He got rid of it because he just didn't have the time to take proper care of it.

Welcome! That's a nice catch. looks really clean. The "Low Coolant" is the doodle stuck in the radiator on the passenger's side about halfway down.

Is that carpet stained in the back or is that just swept away from the camera? Looking at how nice the rest of the car is I'm guessing the pile was just swept differently.

That is really sharp!  The interior including the dash pad is outstanding.  I can't tell but is it blue or light grey interior?  It's very refreshing to see since so many white CS' have red interior (including mine).  You did very well!

Thanks! And it's a light gray interior.

That is really sharp! The interior including the dash pad is outstanding. I can't tell but is it blue or light grey interior? It's very refreshing to see since so many white CS' have red interior (including mine). You did very well!

It's swept away from the camera.

Welcome! That's a nice catch. looks really clean. The "Low Coolant" is the doodle stuck in the radiator on the passenger's side about halfway down.

Is that carpet stained in the back or is that just swept away from the camera? Looking at how nice the rest of the car is I'm guessing the pile was just swept differently.

Another couple cosmetic issues I neglected to mention earlier: The ashtray that pops out below the AC controls is jammed in, the top of the vent up on the dash has the clips broken, and won't stay in place, one of the ashtrays in the backseats had the lid broken off,  the drivers original floormat is missing, and finally the trim around where the drivers seatbelt retracts into the door is missing. 

Another couple cosmetic issues I neglected to mention earlier: The ashtray that pops out below the AC controls is jammed in, the top of the vent up on the dash has the clips broken, and won't stay in place, one of the ashtrays in the backseats had the lid broken off,  the drivers original floormat is missing, and finally the trim around where the drivers seatbelt retracts into the door is missing. 

I had the same issue with the rear ashtrays, both of them actually.  Someone said the Regal's share the same ones but have a different decorative cover on the lids.  I always grab any good ones when I see them in the junkyards.  My door mounted seat belt trim was missing/broken too, took me awhile but I found some good ones in the junkyard also.  My dashpad is way warped compared to yours and the windshield defroster vent is also just floating around and not locked in.  These pieces should be easy to find in your local yards I would think, your car really is nice and shouldn't take much to make it really, really nice and complete.

Yeah I'll be checking some local yards tomorrow or Tuesday, hopefully can get what I need.

I had the same issue with the rear ashtrays, both of them actually. Someone said the Regal's share the same ones but have a different decorative cover on the lids. I always grab any good ones when I see them in the junkyards. My door mounted seat belt trim was missing/broken too, took me awhile but I found some good ones in the junkyard also. My dashpad is way warped compared to yours and the windshield defroster vent is also just floating around and not locked in. These pieces should be easy to find in your local yards I would think, your car really is nice and shouldn't take much to make it really, really nice and complete.

I'm in the Ames, IA area and I'm going down to the Des Moines, IA Wrench N Go this week for another member.  I'll grab them if I see any, their prices are very cheap on this sort of stuff.

• Like 2

Excellent.

I'm in the Ames, IA area and I'm going down to the Des Moines, IA Wrench N Go this week for another member. I'll grab them if I see any, their prices are very cheap on this sort of stuff.

Welcome, Ive got an Aqua Metallic `94 that started me here about 10 years ago. I`d get a decent sunshade to protect the dash best you can and try and find the thick dealership service manual on ebay as your first big purchase for your car.

Looks like it has the 3100 L82 V6 in it so it`ll be decent on gas and reliable if you keep up the maintenance. 

• Like 2

Welcome, Ive got an Aqua Metallic `94 that started me here about 10 years ago. I`d get a decent sunshade to protect the dash best you can and try and find the thick dealership service manual on ebay as your first big purchase for your car.

Looks like it has the 3100 L82 V6 in it so it`ll be decent on gas and reliable if you keep up the maintenance. 

Can you educate me on this?  What exactly is the L82 3100 about?  Higher output?

Welcome to the board and that is one nice ride you found. Actually I'd call it pristine given the age (we've seen them much worse off)

Each GM engine has an alpha-numeric code (L82, LQ1, L36, L67, etc) 3100 is the engine displacement (or 3.1 liter) all good to know when you need to locate parts or do other maintenance.

You can browse the other sections of the board and answer a lot of question by just reading or you can use the search feature. Either way, pick your question/topic and fire away. Chances are, whatever you may have going wrong, four other people have already had the same problem.

Congrats on finding a great ride and many happy miles!

Thanks for the information friend. I already picked up a good sunshade, which has served well so far. And it is definitely pretty good on gas.