New member.

Selenoyl

Welcome to the board and that is one nice ride you found. Actually I'd call it pristine given the age (we've seen them much worse off)

Each GM engine has an alpha-numeric code (L82, LQ1, L36, L67, etc) 3100 is the engine displacement (or 3.1 liter) all good to know when you need to locate parts or do other maintenance.

You can browse the other sections of the board and answer a lot of question by just reading or you can use the search feature. Either way, pick your question/topic and fire away. Chances are, whatever you may have going wrong, four other people have already had the same problem.

Congrats on finding a great ride and many happy miles!

Thanks friend.

Can you educate me on this?  What exactly is the L82 3100 about?  Higher output?

To the best of my knowledge the 2.8 started the family of the FWD GM V6 60 degree family then we got the 3.1 MFI(Multi-port fuel injection) made about 140 HP, that was modified some and in 93-94 the 3100 L82 was introduced, makes about 160HP and is SFI(sequential fuel injection). At the turn of the century and closing of last millennium the LG8 3100 replaced the L82 3100. Only thing I know about the LG8 is that it shared more parts with the superior 3400 V6, which is nearly a direct replacement for any 3100. And has aftermarket parts available.

Check out the 3100 wiki page for better info, one of the members here wrote that IIRC so its legit.

Thanks for the information friend. I already picked up a good sunshade, which has served well so far. And it is definitely pretty good on gas.

No problem, ive got an extra front strut tower support bar that`ll bolt right on your 3 bolt front strut plates if you ever wanted to start modding. Its not a huge difference but it does make the steering tighter.

I have no idea what that is, but I definitely appreciate the offer! I may take you up on it in the future.

No problem, ive got an extra front strut tower support bar that`ll bolt right on your 3 bolt front strut plates if you ever wanted to start modding. Its not a huge difference but it does make the steering tighter.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

To the best of my knowledge the 2.8 started the family of the FWD GM V6 60 degree family then we got the 3.1 MFI(Multi-port fuel injection) made about 140 HP, that was modified some and in 93-94 the 3100 L82 was introduced, makes about 160HP and is SFI(sequential fuel injection). At the turn of the century and closing of last millennium the LG8 3100 replaced the L82 3100. Only thing I know about the LG8 is that it shared more parts with the superior 3400 V6, which is nearly a direct replacement for any 3100. And has aftermarket parts available.

Check out the 3100 wiki page for better info, one of the members here wrote that IIRC so its legit.

Thank you for the info, I'll try to read more first before I ask, that was kinda lazy I admit.