'92 3.4 DOHC (LQ1) engine mounts w/5-speed - solid/hydraulic, OEM/aftermarket

crazyd

I'm digging into the mounts on my car over the weekend because lately they feel like they might be getting a little long in the tooth, or maybe I finally broke one.  Anyway, if I have to replace them, does anyone know the OEM part numbers for the front/rear mounts, and does anyone have any experience with the aftermarket ones wrt solid rubber vs. hydraulic?  Ideally I'd want OEM hydraulic but it might not be available anymore - don't appear to be any ACDelco's on RockAuto at least.  My experience with the aftermarket dogbones has been they wear out in about a year because the rubber bushings don't fill the entire cavity, so I can't wait to see how they're cutting corners on the lower mounts.  Thanks for any insights.

Get the solid rubber ones. The hydraulic ones suck ass and rip because they're cheap garbage. There's no appreciable difference in NVH that I've ever noticed with solid rubber mounts.

Also, ~25 years on I'm sure that GM hasn't made a engine mount in ages now. More then likely any ACDelco branded engine mount is just a reboxed Pioneer, Anchor or DEA mount.

Also transmission mount wise there is NO 284 transmission mount made by anyone, for any price, though a aftermarket 282 mount is supposed to work, so I'm told. I guess I could compare the 282 mount I have to a 284 mount.

I put a solid rubber one in my z34 nearly 10 years ago. No regrets.

A 282 mount will work in place of a 284 mount. I’ve used both.

That's good to know. I have a spare 284 mount for a rainy day, but glad that more parts can be interchanged.

White93z34, on 04 Jul 2018 - 05:40 AM, said:

Also transmission mount wise there is NO 284 transmission mount made by anyone, for any price, though a aftermarket 282 mount is supposed to work, so I'm told. I guess I could compare the 282 mount I have to a 284 mount.

I actually tried to have an original 284 mount rebuilt by a mount rebuilder.  They said it was "too new", as they only work on pre-1980's pig iron.  Then I found out that a 282 mount works fine and ordered a couple.  That one's fine (I think)...  I just wondered if anyone has done both and noticed any difference.  Obviously the hydraulic mounts cost more and GM originally installed them because they thought it made a difference, so...