greetings!

mirameiah

i am inheriting a 2000 Grand prix SE with the LG8 3.1 liter from my parents. our family has had this car for 16 years, bought in 2002. i plan on keeping this car as long as possible, it's one of those family cars that i do not plan on selling no matter what, rust included. it does have rocker panel rust like all the others, and i do need to attack that first. the lower intake gasket has not been changed, but the car only has 100,000 miles on it. for a car that year that is very low mileage. i figured i would join here and get more info about these cars that i haven't read yet. 

Welcome! There are some good rocker threads. Pull the carpet off the strut towers in the trunk and give those a gander. If the rockers are rusty the towers probably are to

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

indeed. i planned to. i hope the strut towers aren't rotted. the rear rockers are almost gone sadly, i pushed on the metal that's inside the driverside passenger door (sedan) where the wheel well is and my finger punched through the metal. that bit scares me. but i don't think it's completely gone quite yet. this is a family car i grew up in so i want to keep it.