Should I just keep my 95!!

W30olds

Def keep that one. 1200 isnt that bad i spent 2500 for a rebuild on my 440. I still enjoy driving my tgp more than my gxp but if you were looking at newer ones go 04+ the interiors are so much nicer/modern looking

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I like the later model interiors and the V8 power in the GXPs. However I'd be OK with a later model GTP as well. Only con is the cost of the premium fuel to run in the GTP. I'll keep my 95 SE as a DD for now until I find what I'm looking for. I drive my 95 and my 06 GTO during the week to work, so not desperate for a car.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Another Walmart parking lot shot. Cleaned up pretty.well then a bird shit all down the door. Damn birds0b4f3d75bc61823c81f4f1cad55bcc77.jpg

• Like 3

Another Walmart parking lot shot. Cleaned up pretty.well then a bird shit all down the door. Damn birds0b4f3d75bc61823c81f4f1cad55bcc77.jpg

That is so sexy! One of the very few cars I would actually own in bright red. I love my black but it's a bitch to keep clean.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That is so sexy! One of the very few cars I would actually own in bright red. I love my black but it's a bitch to keep clean.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I had a black 96 GTP that I loved. Sadly it got totaled out about a month after I bought it. Black with black leather and only 65K miles. Still miss that car!

That is a very nice GP.  I'm glad you're deciding to keep it.  These cars are becoming very rare on the roads in good condition like this.  Im not a big fan of second gens, I don't dislike them; they just look to similar to every other car on the road. 

• Like 2

That is a very nice GP. I'm glad you're deciding to keep it. These cars are becoming very rare on the roads in good condition like this. Im not a big fan of second gens, I don't dislike them; they just look to similar to every other car on the road.

Thank you sir! Appreciate the kind reply

If you're crafty enough to make your own brackets the tranny cooler from a late '90's / early 2000's Explorer is a beast of a bar and plate cooler with hose barbs in and out. There's no shortage of Exploders in any wrecking yard.

Or if you can find impala police car junk yard you can get trans cooler for it.

Ask you can make 4t60e pretty strong as they share some with 4t65e. I would also see if you can find a LQ1 trans to rebuild.

Or if you can find impala police car junk yard you can get trans cooler for it.

Ask you can make 4t60e pretty strong as they share some with 4t65e. I would also see if you can find a LQ1 trans to rebuild.

I bought a trans cooler from Manny, Moe and Jack. Had a $50 gift card, so worked out well. It's all installed and doing well. Thanks for the info

• 3 weeks later...

If the transmission is slipping there is nothing you can do to prolong the life of it short of an overhaul. There’s no magic potion you can pour in it and a fluid and filter change will only hasten its demise.

• Like 1

a fluid and filter change will only hasten its demise.

This has been my conclusion as well. I've often wondered if a TCI controller would be content with a 4T65, that would be more cost effective than rebuilding an antiquated 4T60.

• 3 years later...