Cut front springs?

Brodizzle83

The 06, ssc/canuck same. Maybe the bilsteins will help with harshness

on which car, the 06 has ssc springs that already had a few thousand on them, but on the coilovers I think I’m running 350/450 combo

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

The 06, ssc/canuck same. Maybe the bilsteins will help with harshness

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

i put new gr2/accelGs on (with new balljoints and control arm bushings and the like), but I again think comparing them to the gtp isn’t fair. It definitely rides better than it did before

I've been riding on cut front springs on my 1gen for a little over 7 years.  Here's the writeup I did.  FYI, I lowered the rear using adjustable coilovers.  I spent about $220 in parts for the entire rear setup and whatever a jy charges for front springs.

http://www.w-body.com/topic/47477-lowered-the-front-of-my-cutty/?hl=%2Blowered+%2Bthe+%2Bfront+%2Bof+%2Bmy+%2Bcutty  Do you have any info on the adjustable coil overs? So, you kept the factory mono leaf, and changed the ride height with the coil overs only?

I've been riding on cut front springs on my 1gen for a little over 7 years.  Here's the writeup I did.  FYI, I lowered the rear using adjustable coilovers.  I spent about $220 in parts for the entire rear setup and whatever a jy charges for front springs.

http://www.w-body.com/topic/47477-lowered-the-front-of-my-cutty/?hl=%2Blowered+%2Bthe+%2Bfront+%2Bof+%2Bmy+%2Bcutty  Do you have any info on the adjustable coil overs? So, you kept the factory mono leaf, and changed the ride height with the coil overs only?

I removed the mono leaf and am just running adjustable coil overs.  I did the cut springs on the front first, then used the adjustable coilovers in the rear to even it out.

I removed the mono leaf and am just running adjustable coil overs.  I did the cut springs on the front first, then used the adjustable coilovers in the rear to even it out.

Thank you! I'm sorry if this has been covered, and I missed it, but could you please elaborate? You said spent $220 in parts for your coil over shocks. I'd like to know what you did, and I didn't know removing the entire mono leaf was even a thing! I'm very curious to see what you did, and how you did it!! Your car has the dead nuts perfect stance that I'd like to have for mine. 

I've been riding on cut front springs on my 1gen for a little over 7 years. Here's the writeup I did. FYI, I lowered the rear using adjustable coilovers. I spent about $220 in parts for the entire rear setup and whatever a jy charges for front springs.

http://www.w-body.com/topic/47477-lowered-the-front-of-my-cutty/?hl=%2Blowered+%2Bthe+%2Bfront+%2Bof+%2Bmy+%2Bcutty Do you have any info on the adjustable coil overs? So, you kept the factory mono leaf, and changed the ride height with the coil overs only?

I removed the mono leaf and am just running adjustable coil overs. I did the cut springs on the front first, then used the adjustable coilovers in the rear to even it out.
Thank you! I'm sorry if this has been covered, and I missed it, but could you please elaborate? You said spent $220 in parts for your coil over shocks. I'd like to know what you did, and I didn't know removing the entire mono leaf was even a thing! I'm very curious to see what you did, and how you did it!! Your car has the dead nuts perfect stance that I'd like to have for mine.
Let me pull up the parts list and I’ll post it up. I had a very small window in which to complete the coilover install (like 2 hours iirc) and didn’t take a lot of pics. But here is a pic of the rear coilover installed.

f0b6d8506ac32b092432c9f58f444f31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like some tenders and floaters would be nice there..

I don’t know what those are. I take it they make what I have better?

I don’t know what those are. I take it they make what I have better?

In the last picture I posted in this thread there's a tender and floater on the rear strut assembly on the left. It's just a very soft spring to take up slack when the vehicle is raised or becomes unloaded for some reason.

http://www.w-body.com/topic/56489-first-gen-coilover-thread-ver-2018/page-2

Here is the parts list for the same rear coilover setup I'm currently running.  A couple of different totals here and it depends on if you have KYB struts already on your car.  The stock struts (and some replacement struts) are too big of a diameter for the adjusting sleeve to fit over.  I learned this the hard way because I have a set of brand new AC Delco struts sitting in storage because they are too big.  KYB replacement struts are a smaller diameter so the sleeves fit over them perfectly.  If you already have KYB struts and will reuse them, you'll only need to shell out $178.81.  If you need new KYB struts you'll need to shell out $360.79.  Sorry if I was off on the price, but I didn't account for the stuts themselves. SMH.  Here is the list: 

(Qty 2) 250lb springs [summitracing.com] (QA1-12HT250) $48.99 ea.

(Qty 1) spring isolator kit [summitracing.com] (ENS-3-6110G) $8.87 pr.

(Qty 2) coil over adjusting sleeve [a1racing.com] (12452-H) $20.99 ea.

(Qty 2) coil over adjusting nut [a1racing.com] (12460) $14.99 ea.

(Qty 2) KYB Excel-G Shock/Strut Rear [autozone.com] (236003) $90.99 ea.

You need to remove the plastic strut sleeve from the bump stop cushion (I reused the stock top mounts).  You also have to trim the I.D of the spring isolator pads so they fit snugly over bump stop cushion (This stops the clunks).  Don't forget to remove the monoleaf as well.

Thanks again, MemphisMan, for posting the specific parts you used. Maybe someone should save this information somewhere so other guys in the future can refer to this?

Thanks again, MemphisMan, for posting the specific parts you used. Maybe someone should save this information somewhere so other guys in the future can refer to this?

No problem.  I also added the list to my thread where I lowered the rear of my car.  If anyone searches for lowering, and finds my link, they'll see the list.