Gypsy's custom headlights build

KnightOwl

I am struggling a bit on the best way to anchor the lights in the plastic rings. The lights have two small set screws on the housing to attach the supplied brackets but they are made for pedestal type mounting. I need some manner of collar,( like maybe a pvc pipe reducer?) that can attach on the back and hold against the plastic rings.

UPDATE, I grabbed some 2 inch pvc pipe collars at Home Depot i think I can cut into brackets. A little bandsaw work is in order but we'll see how this goes

GypsyEyes-S.jpg

I have hit another snag that I’m not sure how to resolve.

This red wire came out of its plug. I tried to remove the plug to re-attach the wire but the connector broke.6f5cb56cca0e47c42fcb762635bdaa9f.jpg

I think the blue plug is a piece that comes with the aftermarket lights and no clue where to get a new pigtail.

8681113502ea3c2a2a4454f9a764ba88.jpg

Is there a stock plug on the car I can rob or do I need to start scouring the web for a solution.

I am wide open for suggestions.

I wanted to keep the stock harness connections on the car in case the lights don’t work well I can easily switch back to stock.

Ideas?[emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank  goodness for eBay! I picked up a pair of these pigtail adapters and they are on the way! A little soldering will most likely be in order to provide good wire splicing but that I can do!

Pigtail-M.jpg

Now that I have a soldering iron and most of the other parts I need I hope to get busy on fabricating the first light housing this week. I'm off Monday and Tuesday so we'll see how much progress I make! ;)  :)

• 3 weeks later...

73924b725d1fc0cda0b32cfdc0e15180.jpg

Tried to get back to work on the lights today but I’m struggling with fabricating the mounting brackets. That and it’s 100 degrees in the garage so not exactly ideal conditions. Not very productive today I’ll get there[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk