Just got 4 Westlakes for my GP

98gpgt

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Westlake-RP18-225-60R16-98H-SL-BSW-Touring-Premium-tire/55180300?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227063029195&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=t&wl3=166156570533&wl4=pla-272306129733&wl5=9003775&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=55180300&wl13=&veh=sem

Cheap. My old tires had exposed belting on the right front. I had to drive 42 miles, the car would vibrate when you let off thebgas. Smooth sailing home though. I figure they're good for 2-3 years. I've only put 16k on the car since I got it 2/2016. Butnit sat for 6 months. Just wondering what anyon else thought of the make. 40k warranty. No issues I could feel, but I'm used to driving on nitrile gloves lol.

I don't recall ever seeing a set of Westlakes. It appears they're Chinese made and they get solid reviews on amazon at least. With most cheap tires I find that it's a bit of a crap shoot if you'll receive a decent set or not. I have removed a few sets from vehicles that had shifted belts and other issues within a few thousand miles. Others I've dealt with have gone close to the rated distance without any issues other than being a little noisier than a nicer tire.

Update this once you get a couple thousand miles on them. :thumbsup:

Not a bad deal for 4 tires. Keep us posted with how they wear in a couple thousand miles.

I just took advantage of the DiscountTireDirect memorial day sale and got 4 Hankook Ventus tires shipped for $360 with $125 coming back in rebates. Can't complain, especially since to replace my 2 rears with tires to match the front was $182 per tire. 

There's a really sticky Cooper that sells for about the same price. I used to run them and then they transitioned into winter tires when I got my Yoko's. For the price they were good but I had to watch my alignment or they wore vert quickly.

You couldn't pay me to run Westlakes. I fix blowout damage on travel trailers and fifth wheels almost weekly from their tires. The RV community refers to them as "China Bombs."

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You couldn't pay me to run Westlakes. I fix blowout damage on travel trailers and fifth wheels almost weekly from their tires. The RV community refers to them as "China Bombs."

Are the tires actually to blame or the owners at least partially at fault? Hardly anyone keeps a tire properly inflated and you're going to find out real quick if you're riding around on a low one when you're hauling a heavy trailer or driving a RV.

Are the tires actually to blame or the owners at least partially at fault? Hardly anyone keeps a tire properly inflated and you're going to find out real quick if you're riding around on a low one when you're hauling a heavy trailer or driving a RV.

I have yet to see a Goodyear failure. We install those too.

I really was tempted to buy those when I thought I was sticking to 16s, but upgraded to 17's for the 3 seasons and I'll be getting shows installed on the 16s. I read great reviews on those Westlakes though!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk