'04+ Grand Prix seat colors

RareGMFan

I know the hot thing to do some time back was upgrading the '97-'03 GP seats to the '04 plus. I also remember reading/seeing the interior colors don't quite match. However, one set of years was a bit closer to matching the '97-'03 interior than the other, but I can't recall which. I have found several threads through Google searches about installation, but can't seem to find anything referencing the color differences.I think maybe '06 was the dividing point and the older ones were a better match? If someone here recalls, the info would be greatly appreciated.

Has nothing to do with years. Some gtps came with the black seats with white stitching and solid headrests instead of gray, but they're perforated and don't look like real leather. I plan on dying the grey to black and keeping the stock seats. I'll eventually post on that.

Every time I go to the salvage yards here all I can find is tan leather or gray cloth. Havent found anything close in dark leather yet.

Look for GXP seats.  Those shouldn't have the perforations that the GTP's had.  I know mine don't.  I also like the suede insert on them in the middle.  I don't think they look bad in my 00 GT with graphite interior even though they are a darker color.  At this point anything was better than my stock cloth seats with a bajillion miles on them.