Z34 hard starts

NCTyphoonKid

So my 94 z34 has been hard starting lately sometimes it’ll start super easy but then next time it’ll be hard start and I will have to hold the throttle open a little and it’ll fire off and run fine. I’ve replaced the pump, filter and relay. Does it sound like leaking injectors or possibly a failing pressure regulator? I plan on getting a fuel pressure gauge to see what my pressures are

If you have to hold the throttle open slightly to get the engine to fire then I would suggest looking at the IAC.

I cleaned it I’ll see what it does today. It seemed to help yesterday

Try this....

with the ignition *off* remove the IAC from the intake, (you may need 2 people to do this), with the IAC in your hand turn the ignition to *run*, watch to see if the IAC pintle retracts to what should be fully open. With the ignition still in *run* reinstall the IAC & then shut off the ignition so the pintle movement isn't upset.

I didn’t get out and drive it today the weather hasn’t been the best but I did fire it up this morning and this evening and it’s been fine. Would like to drive it and see if cleaning it helped.