What's this vac line for?

Brodizzle83

I took out the battery to replace it and heard a hiss of air...then saw that I broke this vac line. Anyone know what for?e81ff90e818349d2a482c897aece85cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Probably the vacuum bottle. Just join them together with an appropriately sized rubber hose.

• Like 3

Might want to use some rust check on that battery tray and paint it up at least.  Wouldn't want it fall apart completely and end up driving over your battery one day. Damn battery acid.  To bad the previous owner didn't clean the car regularly we know you will though.

If you wanted to really kick it in the ass there's a spotweld tool that's used to drill out spot welds just enough to release them without removing much from the other side.  You could then swap it our for a good one from the JY and weld/rivet it back in. 

One of these: https://www.harborfreight.com/3-8-eighth-inch-double-sided-rotary-spot-weld-cutter-95343.html

That's what I was going to do. Just wondering what it was for.

I've fixed those hoses several times.  Crappy brittle plastic tubing.

Typical symptoms:  Cruise control works, but loses speed gradually, and may disengage entirely especially on uphill sections of road.  Heater-A/C works, but blows through the defrosters at the base of the windshield especially at higher speed or uphill.  As soon as speed or load is reduced, air may go back to the floor or the vents, depending on where it's "supposed" to come out based on the HVAC controls.

Might want to use some rust check on that battery tray and paint it up at least.  Wouldn't want it fall apart completely and end up driving over your battery one day. Damn battery acid.  To bad the previous owner didn't clean the car regularly we know you will though.

If you wanted to really kick it in the ass there's a spotweld tool that's used to drill out spot welds just enough to release them without removing much from the other side.  You could then swap it our for a good one from the JY and weld/rivet it back in. 

One of these: https://www.harborfreight.com/3-8-eighth-inch-double-sided-rotary-spot-weld-cutter-95343.html

Eh, while those spot weld cutters work for most, I became partial to using a fine cutoff wheel to grind the spot weld down on the part being replaced. After awhile of doing it like this at the body shop, I could do it faster than using the spot weld bit. And when you're done, you don't end up with the divot or hole from the center portion like you would with the drill bit. It's hard to explain the process, but it works well.

I've fixed those hoses several times. Crappy brittle plastic tubing.

Typical symptoms: Cruise control works, but loses speed gradually, and may disengage entirely especially on uphill sections of road. Heater-A/C works, but blows through the defrosters at the base of the windshield especially at higher speed or uphill. As soon as speed or load is reduced, air may go back to the floor or the vents, depending on where it's "supposed" to come out based on the HVAC controls.

This! Happened to me several times. Finally went and bought 10 feet of vacuum tubing and replaced it all from the ball to the manifold. Much better now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk