Motorswap.org dead?

Brodizzle83

Whatever happened to the "www.motorswap.org" forum? I'm trying to gather some info on what entails an L67/4T65E-HD swap into my '96 Grand Prix SE and remember that site had gobs of info...now the site seems to go nowhere from the homepage.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I can give you most of it.

You need CV shaft tulips (the part that goes into the tranny) from a 4T65E-HD W-Body, then you will change them on your shafts.

The harness from a 1996 Regal L36 is a good starting point, it should plug into your car fine.

The Regal harness is 4T60 so you'll need a random engine harness with the correct plug for the 4T65 to extract and then lay into the Regal harness. This sounds hard but it's just one wire at a time and it's easy.

The Regal harness will have EV1 Injector plugs, if you need EV6 when the time comes I'll post a link to an electronics supply to get the raw plugs cheap so you don't have to get those ugly adapters. Naturally they could be harvested as pigtails from another harness and soldered on.

Of course you'll need a PCM with a tune for the new drivetrain.

You need both lower engine mounts and dogbones, used dogbones in nice shape are okay but the lower mounts really should be new.

When I did it my car was L36 so I can't say what you need to do about exhaust but if there's a problem there I imagine a hunk of the exhaust from an L67 or L36 car to come from the rear manifold wouldn't be challenging to splice onto what you have.

96 3800 regal down pipe is a direct fit. Tbh motorswap.org was a bad site to use for info on for these cars. I glanced at it once after having a proper list of swap parts and their info was way off

96 3800 regal down pipe is a direct fit. Tbh motorswap.org was a bad site to use for info on for these cars. I glanced at it once after having a proper list of swap parts and their info was way off

Nice, thanks for all the info! I always heard a '98-99 Monte Carlo Z34 harnesswas the best...maybe that was misinformation from motorswap.org lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk