Replacing rotors/pads on '96 GP...any suggestions?

Brodizzle83

I am in need of replacing the front rotors/pads on my '96 GP SE coupe. I was looking on Rock Auto but there are so many options. Anyone have some good recomendations?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am in need of replacing the front rotors/pads on my '96 GP SE coupe. I was looking on Rock Auto but there are so many options. Anyone have some good recomendations?

cheap

Rock has an entire listing for their *closeout* items. Inexpensive, stay with the semi-metallic pads, they perform better than the ceramics will, same applies to the rotors..Centric, Bendix ....they're cheap, stock up on parts if you choose to.

Seeing as you've a 96 you should have the large dia front rotors, check first before purchasing.

I've been buying Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads lately.  Made in USA.  Amazon is a reasonable source.  Price varies wildly in part because of Amazon's "dynamic pricing".  If you can watch and wait, the price can be very attractive...for a day or five.  I watched the price change from $35 to $22 to $45 and now back to $35 for front pads for my Monte Carlo.

https://www.amazon.com/Performance-Friction-0376-20-Carbon-Metallic/dp/B000EJBUV0/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&

Almost all brake parts are crappy China- or India-sourced.  You can buy cheap Chinese rotors 'n' drums 'n' friction, you can buy expensive Chinese rotors 'n' drums 'n' friction...but it's nearly impossible to buy GOOD rotors 'n' drums ('n' friction, except for the pads I've linked to.)

Rock has an entire listing for their *closeout* items. Inexpensive, stay with the semi-metallic pads, they perform better than the ceramics will, same applies to the rotors..Centric, Bendix ....they're cheap, stock up on parts if you choose to.

Seeing as you've a 96 you should have the large dia front rotors, check first before purchasing.

I am having trouble finding their "closeout" section. Lol

I think this is the cheapest I could put together with a brand I've heard of. Not too shabby.961a42943c27e6fa365ea3534519e481.jpg

Always, always do the discount code in the "How did you hear about us?" field for Rockauto.   If you don't have a code from your last email from RockAuto, just google "Rockauto discount code", click on one of the first few sites (retailmenot.com works for me), click the "show coupon code" button for the code, copy and paste it onto your rockauto ordering page, and you get 5% off.   It's not much for the stuff you're ordering, but for 30 seconds of your time it's worth it.     If you're rich enough to turn down free money, you're probably not driving a w-body.