95GS

If it's like my 2 door, the relay lives in the driver rocker area. You get to it by removing the bottom door surround trim from the floor and lifting the carpet. If I remember correctly, the relay is a dpdt and runs the actuators in both directions.

I find it best to open up non-sealed relays like these to get a good look at the contacts. Continuity tests on something so mechanical can be unreliable.

Thank you both!

Seems like a questionable place for an unsealed electrical component.

Of course, GM may not have planned for a 20+ year life-span...

VIP, what does dpdt mean? Are these relays available today? (Or if a contact problem, possibly repaired?)

It's an odd part to have fail. Likely wouldn't have a problem with one from a wrecking yard. DPTD is double polo double throw, essentially two sets of contacts with a normally open and a normally closed per set. It may be available today but a used one in good shape wouldn't be a bad bet.

It's an odd part to have fail. Likely wouldn't have a problem with one from a wrecking yard. DPTD is double polo double throw, essentially two sets of contacts with a normally open and a normally closed per set. It may be available today but a used one in good shape wouldn't be a bad bet.

I'll have a look at it. I expect any corrosion will be pretty obvious.

And given your history of rocker rot in the rust range of Erie, I thought you might have seen this too.

Congrats on your GS find btw, will have to read your threads as time allows.

Funny that your lights & grille are different than mine (built in Oshawa).

Congrats on your GS find btw, will have to read your threads as time allows.

Funny that your lights & grille are different than mine (built in Oshawa).

Thank you, the Sedan and Coupe are a different front end. My Regal should look more familiar.

Thank you both!

Seems like a questionable place for an unsealed electrical component.

Of course, GM may not have planned for a 20+ year life-span...

VIP, what does dpdt mean? Are these relays available today? (Or if a contact problem, possibly repaired?)

Like mentioned above, junkyards would be good sources. Mine got some salt water on it and I was able to open it up and fix the contacts as well as resolder some joints. Best bet would be to go with a used one though. They are not a common item to fail without provocation.