UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KnightOwl

FOR SALE- Thrush mufflers w/stainless twin tips

Had a nice day off with my bride last week and we took the GP out for our day tripping. On the way home, she commented the car was not loud, but just noisy enough to be bothersome. Well, the last thing I want is her being bothered every time I want to take the car someplace for the day. (She gets cart blanche on this after suffering through a trip to Chicago in my 2001 GP where the exhaust note was annoying ME)

SO, I have a pair of 2 month old Thrush Chambered (Fully Welded or Flowmaster style) mufflers, 2.5 in/out with polished stainless twin tips (3.5 out) complete with hangar rods already welded in place.

I paid $100 for the tips by themselves, so I'm think $100 here for the set including shipping.

I'll post a couple pics soon (pesky work schedules you know) Pics can also be seen in the thread "Gypsy the White Raven" in Members Rides. (as installed) video clip is also there.

I put one on the SSEI, the overall quality of a Thrush welded series is simply unparalleled. Just to see and feel it was incredible. I welded that exhaust up in 2 large sections, the muffler will most certainly outlive the other exhaust components and possibly the car.

I put one on the SSEI, the overall quality of a Thrush welded series is simply unparalleled. Just to see and feel it was incredible. I welded that exhaust up in 2 large sections, the muffler will most certainly outlive the other exhaust components and possibly the car.

Did you use the Transverse style dual outlet? I need to get one for the wife's SSE.

Yes I did, it's a little rumbly though so if your wife would be opposed to some noise it's not a good choice. My gf drives the SSEI and she adapted but would rather it be quieter. If you cut the Bonneville tips they can clamp into off the shelf exhaust pipe.

i missed this by 4 days? mmm bummer.. next time..

If you get really hard up just say the word and I'll weld you something up out of old coffee cans. It may not sound quite the same but hey.

Sign in to follow this