New W-body dude from Superior,WI

Brodizzle83

Hey all, getting back into the W-body world! I've had a '92 GP SE with a 3.4/5spd (blew it up), a '97 GP GT and a '00 Regal GSE. Now I'm looking into picking one up for $1000. It's a '92 GP SE with a 3.1 auto. 160k miles and a little rust but I've seen way worse. For Minnesnowta it's not bad. From another W-body collector. He also has a blue '92 Petty edition.

Welcome! Is this the Petty edition one your referring too?

00z0z_kcsSCOWAimb_1200x900.jpg

https://madison.craigslist.org/clt/d/pontiac-tribute-to-the/6537813163.html

If your close to Iowa, there's another 92 SE 3.4 5-speed car on CL if you want another one.

No, but it's like that. He has to replace the timing belt on the Petty car before he sells me the white SE. The white car is his main vehicle. Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is the car I'm looking at.cadd4d038110ccf97fe1d7d268dc5a67.jpgef2316ff06624cca8eacd9a1cdff1184.jpgd5a547112ec0dcaead714a920a9a7f68.jpga56992fe30c710e941e531166ce155fd.jpgac9b386d9d6aad02f3fa4a53be16b23b.jpg0db17a51dd587cf25125c1c028dfa8ac.jpg8551bb0e7562da513dc548c1137cc172.jpg217ebd11d59515123c0c057fb3cfb2c4.jpgfe2c0cf96e45375c3bba0408ce2913b3.jpg

Very Nice! Welcome!

Not too shabby.  Front valence looks good too.

Haha!

I want a red or black one to to L67 swap. One day.

Not too shabby.  Front valence looks good too.

Good, the Transmission should be solid then.

• Like 2

LOL!  Not going to get me again!  That's funny.

• Like 3

Actually the trans shifts very nice and firm. The only drawback is the driver's rear quarter is pretty rusty under the cladding and the rear trailing arms are getting crusty...but I checked them and they're still solid. No wiggling or any sort of movement.

Actually the trans shifts very nice and firm. The only drawback is the driver's rear quarter is pretty rusty under the cladding and the rear trailing arms are getting crusty...but I checked them and they're still solid. No wiggling or any sort of movement.

I fell for a joke awhile back about the valences on these cars.  So many of them are busted up because people run into whatever, parking blocks or critters.  There is a running joke that if the valences are busted, then the tranny/radiator can get more cooling air and not crap out.  I was gullible and bit on it! 

Finding a good valence on these cars is becoming more and more difficult.  It's good that it already has a nice one, makes it much easier for you.  If you get the chance to find a good spare one, it would be wise to grab it.

That was an old member insisting the tranny cooler wouldn't get enough air flow. He was likely not completely unjustified. That was somewhat before my time so I never met him. The thread used to be here somewhere.

I fell for a joke awhile back about the valences on these cars. So many of them are busted up because people run into whatever, parking blocks or critters. There is a running joke that if the valences are busted, then the tranny/radiator can get more cooling air and not crap out. I was gullible and bit on it!

Finding a good valence on these cars is becoming more and more difficult. It's good that it already has a nice one, makes it much easier for you. If you get the chance to find a good spare one, it would be wise to grab it.

Haha speaking of the valences...the guy has a NIB valence from the original owner of the Petty car. The original valence has a few rips in it and bought a new one when they were readily available in the mid 90s.

• Like 2

Haha speaking of the valences...the guy has a NIB valence from the original owner of the Petty car. The original valence has a few rips in it and bought a new one when they were readily available in the mid 90s.

That's awesome!  Maybe you could work out a deal if he wants to sell it.  I would try really hard.

That's awesome! Maybe you could work out a deal if he wants to sell it. I would try really hard.

He already said he is putting it on the Petty car when he restores it. I was gonna ask him about getting the original one but he already said he wanted to keep it. It had 2 big tears in it so you COULD fix it, but it would be a helluva job.

I got lucky and was given a NOS one when I bought my TGP, kept it when I sold it, and luckily a year or so later ended up with my GTP

Don't know how I missed it but just noticed your white car has white painted crosslaces, that's so sweet!  I hope you keep em.

Standard issue for RPEs to have color matched wheels. Definitely looks pretty sweet

I got lucky and was given a NOS one when I bought my TGP, kept it when I sold it, and luckily a year or so later ended up with my GTP

Standard issue for RPEs to have color matched wheels. Definitely looks pretty sweet

The white one isn't a Petty car. He has a blue one.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but the way the back end is sitting doesn't look right to me, sitting a little high and the rear wheels look tilted in like it was jacked up and then dropped down and the suspension hasn't settled.  If this is it's normal stance, I don't know.  Also, is that a pile of rust in front of the right rear wheel around the trailing arm mount area?  I just want Brodizzle83 to be aware and help him make a good educated decision, don't want any member here to get taken.