fuel injectors?

KnightOwl

A canned tune or a tune borrowed from another engine might be perfect, but only for the engine and environment it was written. Putting a tune into a car with a different history, build, and climate is a bad and potentially damaging endeavor.

A canned tune can be seen as a starting point in some cases but there should always be the expectation of monitoring and modifying it to make it correct for the specific application.

Well, life has a tendency to alter the mod-bug plans. This has been a great discussion and I have learned a lot, but it has also become a somewhat expensive proposition to consider. Yes, I could still do it for less but the real deal is I will probably be changing jobs again later this summer and I will have several unpaid weeks of schooling in between. Granted, there is no rush on any of this and I could still tackle the top swap later, but a conversation with another friend of mine reminded me both former 3800 powered cars I used to own remained N/A and were still fun to drive. I still want to make the engine bay more attractive visually and I can do that for a lot less if I dont get into swapping heads and all that comes with it. Safe to say that until I get settled on the new job the mod plans will have to be put on hold. I'll probably still do the brakes but under the hood can wait for the near future.

Thanks to everyone for all the input. I really appreciate it very much.

Yea, sucks having to "adult" but sounds like you made a good choice for your situation.  This just gives you more time to do research and ask questions so that as you save up money and aquire parts then you will be ready to go.  I've been saving and scouring for parts for over 4 years for my GT due to other more important things taking funds.  I'm finally 3 pieces away and may actually get it done this year if I budget hard enough.  If not, then I just wait a bit longer.  Although I would like to get it done before the rockers let go, lol...

• Like 2