UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
55trucker

LQ1 Coolant bypass housing

See the short stubby port........it's sealed off?.....and isn't long enough & doesn't have the ridge to keep the hose onto it.

That's disappointing.

Well seems you’ll need a 91-93 then I wasn’t sure if they were different when I was there

Yeah,

now that I've seen the item you pulled I understand why the change in part #'s for the piece.

It was 5 bucks so no big deal. I can return it if I so desired. So no worrries. Afraid any 91-93 s I see in there though I plan to pull the engine and keep myself for a rebuild. Anything on ebay?

No dice anyhow. I took it back and got a $5 credit. Just what I wanted, a piece of paper I’ll lose that’s worth five bucks. JY’s have archaic policies...

Is it possible to take the one and drill a hole in the nub, then clamp a hose on there with high temp adhesive on the lip? 

The two items for the different years are not even shaped the same, the earlier manifold's rad port is pointed towards the rad at approx a 70 degree angle. The later engine/manifold must use a different molded rad hose that is near parallel to the side of the engine. 

Well this *mess* is behind me for the time being,

I ended up tigging the *piece of crap* alloy casting myself, & what a piece of crap alloy it is, the alloy that was poured into the mold to make the piece was so pourous & full of impurities almost every time I started the puddle the old alloy would blow back & create more work for me.

I'd still appreciate it if anyone comes across the little manifold on an DOHC engine in a salvage yard (and it's in decent shape) please pull it for me.

Well this *mess* is behind me for the time being,

I ended up tigging the *piece of crap* alloy casting myself, & what a piece of crap alloy it is, the alloy that was poured into the mold to make the piece was so pourous & full of impurities almost every time I started the puddle the old alloy would blow back & create more work for me.

I'd still appreciate it if anyone comes across the little manifold on an DOHC engine in a salvage yard (and it's in decent shape) please pull it for me.

Sorry, I'm late to this subject.  Could you post a pic and how hard it would be to pull it?  I don't remember the year but this car was still at the yard the last time I was there.  I think it might be a 93 year car.  This is the same car NCTyphoonKid was suppose to get the bumper and grill from but as you might know, Greyhound never delivered it.  Anyway, I might be able to get it the next time I'm there.  This is the only LQ1 that is still around in my local yards with the exemption of a 94 LQ1 vert.  Everything has been crushed recently.  This car still retains all of it's motor parts from what I could tell.

nmtZbF.jpg

The small manifold has to be pulled from a 91-93 DOHC engine.

Assuming that all is still under the hood......

in the case of a salvage yard to get it out one just needs to cut the three hoses leading to it with a box cutter (exacto knife), then unbolt the two bolts holding it in place.

In my cars case I had to remove all the peripherals to get out the secondary fan & then cover the rad before I could get in there with a pair of slip joint pliers to release the clamps on the hoses before removing the part.

I'll send along a pic of the part tomorrow.

The small manifold has to be pulled from a 91-93 DOHC engine.

Assuming that all is still under the hood......

in the case of a salvage yard to get it out one just needs to cut the three hoses leading to it with a box cutter (exacto knife), then unbolt the two bolts holding it in place.

In my cars case I had to remove all the peripherals to get out the secondary fan & then cover the rad before I could get in there with a pair of slip joint pliers to release the clamps on the hoses before removing the part.

I'll send along a pic of the part tomorrow.

Alrighty.

Sorry, I'm late to this subject. Could you post a pic and how hard it would be to pull it? I don't remember the year but this car was still at the yard the last time I was there. I think it might be a 93 year car. This is the same car NCTyphoonKid was suppose to get the bumper and grill from but as you might know, Greyhound never delivered it. Anyway, I might be able to get it the next time I'm there. This is the only LQ1 that is still around in my local yards with the exemption of a 94 LQ1 vert. Everything has been crushed recently. This car still retains all of it's motor parts from what I could tell.

nmtZbF.jpg

Off topic, but is that Cavalier still there?

Yikes!

didn't have to put the job on hold to do that just for me...........

thx very much indeeeeed,

It only took about 15-20 minutes to pull, so they were cool about coming in a few minutes late... I was afraid that the car would be gone before I could get back.

This is the correct part, right?