2002 DIC

KnightOwl

I've noticed a few DIC units for sale online in two different configurations. I assume one was for the GTP and the other for GT and lower models. Is this a plug-n-play swap? I wouldnt mind adding the extra features to my GT if its just a matter of plugging it in the dash but not interested in a lot of re-wiring.

I've noticed a few DIC units for sale online in two different configurations. I assume one was for the GTP and the other for GT and lower models. Is this a plug-n-play swap? I wouldnt mind adding the extra features to my GT if its just a matter of plugging it in the dash but not interested in a lot of re-wiring.

If yours had the plug for the hud, you'll see a plug tapped up with foam and junk right behind your current dic. Make sure to get the gtp if you have that. One is marked trac off(gt) and gtp is tcs. Lights are reversed, so it'll illuminate if it's on if you get the wrong one. other than that, plug it in! Oh, and 97 is different because of tpms, and I think in 2000 they removed performance shift (though the bulb spot and wiring is still there). I don't mind grabbing one next weekend! I totally owe you for the scoops!

If yours had the plug for the hud, you'll see a plug tapped up with foam and junk right behind your current dic. Make sure to get the gtp if you have that. One is marked trac off(gt) and gtp is tcs. Lights are reversed, so it'll illuminate if it's on if you get the wrong one. other than that, plug it in! Oh, and 97 is different because of tpms, and I think in 2000 they removed performance shift (though the bulb spot and wiring is still there). I don't mind grabbing one next weekend! I totally owe you for the scoops!

I just check inventory of the local salvage yard for here (they have 3 locations) and while they have about 10 GPs total in the field, none are GTP (they note supercharged engines) so if you can run across one that would be great. I know my wife's Aztek has a nice DIC which includes outdoor temp...does the GTP version have that?

I just check inventory of the local salvage yard for here (they have 3 locations) and while they have about 10 GPs total in the field, none are GTP (they note supercharged engines) so if you can run across one that would be great. I know my wife's Aztek has a nice DIC which includes outdoor temp...does the GTP version have that?

I mainly use my dic for fuel economy and range. I think it does "oil life" and something else.

For outside temp, I installed the digital hvac, but that's a LOT of wiring... best thing is a on - star mirror and install sensor outside. That'll show temp and direction! Lol I'll keep my eyes out!

Oh yeah, I had a non-OnStar mirror that did auto dim, compass, and temp. I got it confused and gave it away.

LOL Ooops....we all have those days! I think about a year after I sold my 2001 GP, pretty sure I had a L26 UIM that got tossed during a garage clean-out. DOH!!!